Adonis and Atticus: Snippet 6

The city was in chaos. Everything was falling apart. All order had been abandoned. It was total anarchy. Members of the Resistance that were here disguised as slaves have been locked in a tower with no means of escape unless you had the key. Adonis tried his hardest to get them out without notice, but it had been hard.

He was able to only get 15 out, half of what was started with. Adonis knows for sure three are dead as their corpses have been dragged back. No word has been sent if the other members made it or if Atticus had gotten his message. He began to worry.

It was hard to get out of the city as there are increased security measures. He lay away at night brainstorming ways to get himself and the other Resistance members out. During the day, he had to rely on his battery power to keep him up and running. Only two robots had the key to where the Resistance members were.

The Overlord and Adonis himself.

He checked up on them frequently making sure to give them as much information as he could for the tome being. They were becoming restless. They wanted out.

And Adonis had a plan.

A delivery truck would leave the city to go out in the fields to collect the harvest and report back to the city. It would be far enough away that no robots' advanced eyes could see them. Of course he enlisted the help of someone to cover for him. Robot 82165 was to accompany him in the truck and drive it back.

Now that night had fallen, it was go time.

Adonis ushered the Resistance members out of the tower and into the night air. They ran on barefoot so their footsteps could not be heard. Robot 82165 was waiting with burlap sacks to hide them in. They all jumped in, and Adonis and Robot 82165 hauled them up into the bed of the pickup truck. They then hopped into the cab of the car and took off towards the only obstacle that waited: the gate.

***
Author's Note: So I'm a bit under the weather again, so this is early, but it also means I haven't gotten around to wrapping up Hearing Everything Around Me. I'm hoping to get that up soon it's just a matter of when. Also, the Adonis and Atticus snippets are coming to an end soon and posts on this will be different and have more diversity because I have my exercises from my writing classes all typed up and ready to go. I'll see you all again Sunday but hopefully before that with HEAM. As always, I love you all!

~jnicokeb1234 out!