Only I

Everyone in the world has their death date tattooed on their wrist counting down to when they die, but you were supposed to die yesterday.

* * *

Nobody left on this world knows how it started. Nobody that's here knows why it actually started. It was just one of those things that happened. When everyone is born in this world, our death date is tattooed onto our wrists being with us forever. And once that day arrives, it counts down to the exact moment it happens.

For me though, I wanted to find out more about whit it happened, how it started. Whenever someone I knew got closer to their date, I spent the days with them.

I watched them die.

Sometimes it was something natural like old age or some type of disease taking away their life. A few times I saw people get hit by vehicles or die in a natural disaster. Only three times have I seen people get murdered. Once was shot execution style, another had their throat slit open, and the last had been stabbed to death.

I became desensitized to the whole thought of it, so when I checked my wrist, I was startled to find I was supposed to die yesterday. It didn't make sense to me, so everyone told me to go to the government building and let them kill me because something was obviously wrong with me. But when I explained it to them, they checked their records and only shook their heads at me.

Because the truth was that I was supposed to take my own life, so I was the only one who could do anything about it.

* * *