untitled 12/18/17

"Why is the bass so loud?" he asked.

"So that I can feel the vibrations.  I connect more with music that way.  Music speaks what peoppe cannot.  It's words, but it's words people cannot say.  They are too scared or don't know what to say," I answered.

"What is music to you?"

"Something that connects people.  I've seen people who don't speak the same language hold each other as music flows through them.  I've seen friendships and relationships form under the bonds of music," I explain running my fingers along the spines of CD cases.

"Not many people aprreciate music for what it is.  You're different," he says, but I laugh.

"It's because music has healed me.  People say time can only heal, but music has brought my life back.  When you're going through something you think you're alone in and then hear people sing about going through the same tribulations, it resonates in your soul.  It makes a broken piece of you glue back together," I explain chocking on my laugh tading it for a deep sob.

"Music is a part of my life too.  Without it, I don't know where I'd be as a person."

"And that's what bonds us," I say holding out my hand to him, but it's up to him if he wants to take it.