Voices in My Root Beer: A Continuation

So the back story is that I wrote this essay in either 7th or 8th grade for  a writing assignment where we had to continue on with an uncompleted story.  I recently found this on my family computer and not my laptop, so I thought why not post this?  PLEASE UNDERSTAND I WROTE THIS 4-5 YEARS AGO.

* * *

"What was she hearing? She closed her eyes and concentrated on the sound. Voices. She heard voices coming from the tiny bubbles! Yes, and she heard words, a little louder now. What were they saying? They were just loud enough to understand. And then..."

And then she heard the voice as clearly as if she was talking to a real person. "Beware Rachael. The time for them to come is near. Beware," the root beer said. Rachael did not understand what the drink meant by beware or who they are. She looked around for some sign that her teammates had heard the voices too, but there was none. 'My mind is playing tricks on me,' she thought, but she did not know how wrong she was.

The next day, Rachael woke up early with the sunrise. Today was a bright, sunny, warm Sunday morning. She got out of her bed and did her morning routine, then she went sit on the living room couch. She had yet another soccer game today at 3 o'clock. There was plenty of time for her to hang out with her friends or catch up on her homework. She watched the time, waiting for it to be time to go, until it turned 2. Once she got out of the car out onto the soccer field, she saw something that she thought she would not see again, the root beer.

To say Rachael was shocked would be an understatement because she thought she would have a double heart attack right on the field. 'Why is the root beer here?' she asked herself, but she did not have an answer. She walked across the field to where it was, but stopped for the drink talked once more.

"The time is now! Dear little Rachael, you are in grave danger! Run! Hide! Go anywhere but here!" it said before disappearing from sight. Rachael watched in horror as the sky before her suddenly turned black as clouds with green and purple smoke poured out of the clouds like a sink over flowing with water. She heard all the screaming around her, but she paid no mind as she watched the clouds with no place to hide. Above the graveyard next to her soccer field, the clouds all gathered together in the sky forming a circle which turned into a tornado, Green and purple lighting filled the sky leaving scars forever burned in the sky while circling madly around the graveyard. All of a sudden, the lighting stopped, the clouds stopped spinning, and they disappeared from sight, but the sky remained dark like a shadow haunting over the earth. Out of the smoke that was left behind, came out the living dead. They had rotting flesh and ragged clothes covering whatever was left on their bodies. Rachael and her teammates watched as more of them came stumbling out through the smoke towards them. They were all scared for their lives for they had no weapons near...except...soccer balls.

"Soccer balls! That's it!" Rachael cried out to her teammates. Her teammates struggled to get the balls because a black force field was blocking their paths. They put all their weight against the force field until it wavered and disappeared all together. They grabbed as much soccer balls as they could carry and started throwing and kicking them. The living dead started falling to the ground as they were hit. Soon after, they all fell down. The only sign that they had been there was the stray bones that littered the ground. Everything suddenly became hazy in Rachael's eyes as she fell towards the ground unconscious. When she opened her eyes, she was back at the pizza parlor.

"' I got drinks1 who wants root beer?' her coach asked, holding a pitcher in each hand." Rachael stared in wonder and awe as she looked at what happened what she thought was yesterday. 'I've must have been dreaming,' she thought, but she did not know that she had lived this dream of hers and that was only the beginning...