6. Our secret

Lola's p.o.v

"Jack you have been stood here three minutes, my chips will be cold" he cleared his throat before he came inside. "This is a nice house" he said sitting down on the sofa "make yourself at home then" I murmured and he gave me a cheeky smirk. 

I went to reach for the remote but the overstretch caused me to quietly grunt as I held my rib "let me see it Lola" Jacks eyes pleaded with me as I leaned back on the sofa next to him "honest I am okay, just bruising" he kept his stare on me "Jack stop staring you look a bit crazy" but he wouldn't budge and I sighed.

Ok I know this might sound stupid but I really just did not want a boy like him to see my stomach and my boobs in my Primark comfort bra.

He placed his hand on the edge of my shirt but I shifted to the left to avoid him "Lola, you are hurt and I know what I am talking about just let me see, please" I looked down but he tilted my head back as he gently placed his finger under my chin "are you nervous for me to see you?" he lowered his voice and in that moment I felt we were the only people in the world. I gave a small nod, feeling stupid and my cheeks flustered "Lola why, you are a beautiful girl" he moved closer to me and I turned my head to be face to face with him "it's silly, but I just I don't...don't like me, let alone the thought of a a boy like you see me" I bit my bottom lip "a boy like me?" he questioned "come on Jack we all know you are fi... look.. in good shape" I tripped over my words and he tucked a lose strand of hair behind my ear "everyone has their insecurities Lola, but I would never judge you, I think you are fit, I won't deny that, and seeing your 'stomach'  is never going to change that" I couldn't help but smile and eventually I lifted my shirt a little for him to see the bruising. 

I felt a shiver down my spine when he traced the bruise with his thumb before he headed to the kitchen "here, you just need to ice it for the next few days, and maybe have a bath might help you relax" he passed me an ice pack "thank you Jack, did know that, but thanks sir" he smiled and sat back next to me. After watching a film Jack stood up "come on, lets go out" he suggested "I've got a headache from hell so no" I moaned "I don't care, just take these and get up" he pulled me up before I had the chance to throw a tantrum and passed me some painkillers, "promise its the strong shit" I rolled my eyes before walking to the stairs, being stopped as he called my name "you have a really good bum" he winked at me and I rolled my eyes. Again.  

Really? My heart just beat at and unhealthy pace, like some teenager in the books. I managed to calm myself as I changed into some leggings and a graphic grey hoodie, it might be James'? But it's mine now I suppose.

We decided to take a trip to get a coffee before we agreed to walk in the park. "Tell me about Lola Pearce" Jack said sipping his iced drink "well, what do you wanna know?" I asked putting my cigarette out "everything" he was doing that whole intense eye contact thing again "everything?" he nodded at my repetition "middle name is Grace, born June 10th, I am secretly a bit of a nerd. I was like you, in a close knit group,  one of them is my ex kinda, like I said it's fucking complicated and he has gone a little awol" I said sipping my iced latte. Oat milk and Vanilla always. 

 "June 10, hm so what are you doing for your birthday then?" he asked, dodging the whole ex thing "nothing planned yet, normally I get drunk and spend it either being sick or blacking out,  but I think the girls might come up with something" They most definitely will "well they can get out of hand sometimes, just to warn you" he warned me "I like the excitement" he raised his eyebrows "Abbie's obsessed with me as you know, about two months ago we were at a party and she was all over me the whole night, she got really smashed and tried to get into my pants, it was pretty desperate to be honest" I felt the second hand embarrassment; and soon some other stories about the girls and his lot were unveiled. I can't lie it usually ended up with both of us in tears of laughter or internally cringing.