9. Almost

Jacks p.o.v:

I felt her breath on my lips as I went to lean in, before my face was hit with a cold breeze.

"No Jack, we can't" Lola stepped back and I reached for her waist "we like each other, I wont ignore the feeling I have and I know you have it to" I tried to move closer, she stayed quiet "Lola listen I don't wanna fuck about, I can't read you, do you like me or not because theres something here unless its just front and I don't think you are that kind of girl?" I asked and she looked into my eyes "...ugh I don't know Jack" she paused "I barely know you plus I just don't know that I wanna go out with anyone quite yet, I am sorry" she went to walk back in but I grabbed her wrist "ok I get it, I do, but please don't let this get in the way of our friendship, please Lola, I like you even if you don't wanna be with me, I can deal with that but please can still be friends?" I pleaded at her "of course" she smiled

What is she doing to me? I don't wanna be just friends that would kill me.

As we walked inside I made eye contact with Franklin, also the man who attacked Lola in the alley.

"Lola stay here, please" I whispered and as she looked over she clocked one of the guys was staring at her so I slowly slipped her behind my back then approached Franklin "what the fuck are you doing here?" I demanded "he asked why are you here, so fucking answer him" Dexter exclaimed walking closer to him "boss said he has some business with you" Franklin had a smug look on his face "what business?" Antonio (my boss) asked "I don't know my guess is" he stopped as he looked behind me... "well look who it is" Franklin walked closer to Lola but I stood in his way "just get the fuck out of here" I hissed "you don't own her" he replied "I don't own her but I know I wont let you get any closer Franklin" just then I heard movement behind me and turned to see one of them grabbed Lola. I could see a knife in his waistband. Shit.

The guy had one arm round her neck and by now the gangs had nearly started a full blown fight but I kept my eyes on Lola; she tried to get away but he hit her stomach which made me fill with rage.

I don't know what happened but the next thing I know I'm holding a gun to his ribcage and had one hand over his knife, we exchanged a look before he soon let go of Lola.

Lola slowly scooted closer to me, I put my arm round her waist while putting my gun away "when does your boss wanna see me?" I asked Denzel "tomorrow at 1pm, usual place" he said "I'll be there, now go" I said with venom in my voice "sorry if I hurt you" the guy said in a sarcastic tone  towards Lola "dickhead" she muttered "you little bitch..." he shouted and went to approach her but I stopped him "just leave" I demanded and they walked out, Lola fled out the back door and I followed her.

I saw her wiping tears from her cheeks "Lola I'm so sorry, that was all my fault" she had such a sad look on her face "Jack don't worry its not your fault" she replied "no it is, I am sorry, do you want to go home?" I asked "yeah I'm not exactly feeling a party" she said "come on I'll take you" I wrapped my arm round her as we walked to her car.

I opened the passenger door for her then got in "you don't mind me driving do you?" I asked and she just nodded, it killed me seeing her upset like this, I know she was acting calm but I could see something behind her eyes. 

I saw her check her phone and sigh "everything ok?" I asked "yeah, just my parents have left early and my brother isn't at home, blessing in disguise actually after this not sure how to explain that one" she said texting back "so you will be on your own?" I questioned but all she did was nod "Jack can I ask you a question?" she muttered "course you can" I put my hand on her thigh "would you mind staying at mine only for a little while, I don't really wanna be on my own" she said "if I'm honest, I was going to stay anyway" I said which made her smile.

"Here" I handed her some water and she thanked me before we headed straight upstairs to her room but she pointed to the spare room, I laughed "goodnight Lola" she smiled at me but I could see it was an empty one "night Jack" she closed her door and I sighed as I got into bed.

I barely slept and as I woke up at 3am I could her pacing from her room and as I got closer I could hear her crying, and it hurt me, hurt me bad. 

I knocked but there was no answer so I slowly opened her door "are you ok?" I asked and she jumped as she saw me "sorry, what's wrong Lola?" I closed her door and she just sat on her bed "just...my breathing...I can't" I sat next to her taking her hands in mine "Lola, look at me, just breathe slowly, slowly" she gradually started calming down and soon her head was rested on my shoulder, we sat like that for a few minutes before I heard her sniffling "why are you crying?" I wiped a tear but she didn't say anything so I just wrap her in my arms and kissed her forehead.

After around 10 minutes she calmed down a little bit and lifted her head from my chest "I am sorry" I gave her a sympathetic smile "you don't need to apologise, you should get some sleep" I quietly said and she nodded.

I went to go back to bed but before I opened the door she called my name "Jack, will you..." she didn't need to say anything else before I slipped myself into her covers. I wrapped my arms around her as she moved closer in just a t-shit and tight shorts. I felt so protective over her and I liked having her in my arms, I just wish she was wearing my t-shirt.

Lola's p.o.v:

I woke up with Jacks arms around me which made me feel protected and safe. Last night was kind of a blur but it made me think of what happened back in London and I just had such awful anxiety but I was genuinely grateful Jack was there for me.

Stupid panic attacks. 

"Wake up and let me go" I whispered and he groaned "what's the time?" I looked at my phone and answered "6:45" he groaned once more "why so early?" he complained "we need to go to yours so get up" I said before heading off for a shower, I just wanted to wash last night off my body. 

We went to my car but Jack took my keys "I'm driving" he said "be carful Jack I swear" I said and he rolled his eyes "I can drive" we drove to his and I waited in the car for 15 minutes while he got ready.

"You sure all is ok?" he asked before I opened the door "I'm fine, thank you for helping me last night, thank you for not pressing me either" I mumbled and he smiled "its no problem, don't act so bad about expressing emotion by the way" I smiled before we got out the car and separated walking to our friends

I did not want to come in today but equally I knew school would provide some distraction and the longer I left it, the longer the gossip is around. "Are you ok?" Abbie asked with worry in her eyes "I'm fine" I lied, I mean what happened yesterday was bad but I can't stop thinking about everything I was thinking back to and everything I was feeling.

Was today such a clever idea?

 "So Jack stayed at yours huh?" Jess tried to lighten the mood "nothing happened" I protested, really Jess not the time ?

The day went by slow and all I wanted to do was go home. It was 4th but I decided I was gonna leave, just when I closed my locker the schools head cheerleader Tracey was standing there with a look in her eye I didn't want to be face to face with, what does she want with me?

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed, vote and comment if you liked it xxx