1. Saying goodbye

I heard my alarm and groaned as I reached over to turn it off. Today was the day I was moving to America, Santa Monica to be precise, but I haven't even seen the house yet but it was my aunties and she's left it to my parents due to the fact she passed away. My mum says its a 'dream house' but I would rather stay here in London, it's my home.

I felt that all too familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach as I pulled myself out of my bed to the bathroom. 

4 weeks earlier:

"Lola, come here please" my mum called "ok" I replied as I got up to go down. "Sit please" my mum said "why are you acting so weird, more money problems?" I asked slightly confused, they just looked at each other then my dad just came out with it "no its not that thats, we are um...you know how your auntie died recently" he said and I nodded

She was a functioning alcoholic, until well she stopped functioning and it went downhill from there.

 "well...she left her money and the house in America to your mum" he said "ok why is this important exactly, are you going over to sort it all out and....?" I asked "hunny we are all going there, permanently" mum almost whispered as they looked at each other "what do you mean like for a month?" I am confused as hell "no, we are moving there, in 4 weeks Lo" mum replied. I stayed silent  at first until the feeling of rage just built up, "Lola?" My dad questioned "I can't believe your going to take me away from everyone here so you two couldn't control yourself! we  are only going for you to be able get a quick fix to get us out of debt" I clenched my jaw "its not just the money its..." my mum stuttered "there isn't any other fucking reason!" I stormed out and my dad stood up "don't talk to us like that" he warned but I just slammed the door as I left. 

I took a deep breathe as I tried to get my head straight, I took out my cigarettes and texted the group asking them to meet up with me near the park. I sat on the bench looking into the fields until I saw my boyfriend James walk over, he stood on his cigarette and I just fell into his arms "babe are you ok? You're worrying me, what is it?" I looked into his ocean blue eyes and told him everything. 

"I can't believe it" he mumbled as I rested my head on his shoulder, I looked to the path and saw the others walking up "whats happened Lola?" Hayley asked "Lola is leaving, her family are moving" James spoke "to America" I added.

More than anything they were just shocked I only found out now, I was feeling the exact same, I can understand why my parents kept it a secret but how could they do all of this and not tell me they were even considering it.

"I need to get back and start packing" I said standing up "why so soon?" Chris asked "feel like I need to face reality C" I looked down at the ground "well can I help?" Jade asked, I'm closest to Jade we have known each other since we were 6 and been through everything with each other;

How do I cope without her?

"I know you just want to take my stuff" she smiled and nodded "maybe, do you wanna help Hayley and Grace?" they nodded "can we come? not for the clothes or anything thats weird" Wayne said "deffo going to raid her underwear draw" Chris made us all laugh while poor Waynes cheeks went red "you coming too? I asked James but he replied with just a nod, he was unusually quiet.

Hi Lola I understand this is hard but we will talk properly when me and your dad get back monday, I am Sorry xxx

I just don't understand mum, but I will speak to you soon x

"Mum and dad back Monday, anyone wanna stay?" I asked chucking my phone on my bed "Yeah" they replied in unison "ok" I said smiling as I asked Jade to call for pizza.

We had a takeaway and had a few drinks. I lit a joint and heard Chris gasp "fuck watch out! Lola is doing naughty things" Chris said and I punched his arm "I'm leaving I can do what the fuck I want" I smirked "like you wouldn't have anyway" James stated sarcastically before kissing me.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing that until we decided to have a house party on Saturday night and invite everyone,  I can't lie it was the best party to date, it was more of a leaving party to be honest but its an excuse to have fun with all my friends and some people who I won't miss, but numbers are numbers for a party.

Of course, just like most nights I tossed and turned, I did not cry this night but sleeping has always been a love/hate relationship. 

Present day:

I did makeup quickly then finished the last bit of packing I needed to do. As I left my bare empty room all the good memories flashed through my head;

--All the times I had dad paint my room since I was 6 and we moved here, it always felt like a forever home.

--When I taught Ty all the things I shouldn't to annoy my parents 

--The times dad would help me whilst I stressed over fractions and decimal places to algebra 

--The time mum told me my brother Jai was leaving but how well he was going to do in California 

--When me and James started hanging out alone and where he told me he loved me 

--The times we would all sit in my room telling each other the weekly gossip

--and the oh so many many times Jade curled my hair while I stressed what to wear...

But honestly I had bad flashbacks too, the times I cried, times I hid away from the world, the times I hurt myself, and the times I looked in the mirror hating what I saw.

I shook them thoughts and I smiled as I walked out "I'm gonna miss this place" I mumbled as I closed my door.

I said goodbye to my family nearby who came round and then I heard my name being shouted by six people who were running down the street, when they reached me we had a group hug and I said my goodbyes to them separately, leaving James till last. 

"I love you" I whispered to him "I love you too L, but we have agreed that this the right thing to do, you need to leave single we both agreed that long distance wouldn't work and that we would just be friends, even though that thought kills me" I gave a sad smile and hugged him "I still love you but I don't wanna hold you back" he kissed my forehead, I couldn't find any words to say "bye James" is all I managed to croak out "bye L" he replied as we had one last peck on the lips.

I walked away to the car, saying bye to everyone, noticing James unsurprisingly giving me the biggest smirk ever, I smiled back at him, I know everyone thinks we are young it would never of lasted but he came into my life when I needed a helping hand and I will always be thankful for the past 12 months with him.

I said goodbye to my little brother Ty, he was finishing off school before he would join us out there but surprisingly he was unnaturally accepting of the situation,

Although he did mention something about seeing and I quote 'them sexy blonde beach girls I saw on the baywatch movie' guess his hormones have one priority.

I got in the taxi and put the window down so I could say bye one more time, I am going to miss them all so much, I've grown up with these people and they've given me some of the best times of my life and I honestly don't know how I will cope without them. I felt a tear fall down my cheek and dad placed his hand on my shoulder.

Goodbye London, Hello Santa Monica I suppose.

So guys I hope you enjoyed this and if you did then vote and comment! xxx

Hope you enjoy the book x