3. New house

The exterior had a perfect mix of old and new white bricks with warm gold lights in the right spaces. The front had displayed a triple garage, gravel driveway, electric gates, black iron fences and a spacious garden that followed round the full exterior of the house with paths leading to different outdoor seating areas.

Stress smoking spot secured.

"Wow, this is stunning" I said putting my bag down, I've see pictures of the house but it just looks so grand in real life, I smiled like a child getting back from trick or treat on halloween when I saw my brothers dark hair in the background "like it then?" Jai said as I ran over and hugged Jai, Lauren and the kids. My mum and dad followed and mum shed a few tears of joy I hope.

"Do you want to look around on your own?" My dad asked handing my over my set of keys "if thats ok" I replied walking to the house and he nodded.

I took the few stairs to the front door and unlocked the door to see a mass of white white walls, gold framed photos, black and white marble floors. The hallway led to a modest size living room with a fireplace, 2 sofas, 2 individual chairs(dads seat also secured) and a respectable size TV to binge watch reality shows on a hangover. The next door opened up to a white kitchen with a 6 seater island in the middle and silver appliances; it was more modern than the living room but I am a sucker for a good kitchen and bathroom, hope the bathroom has a walk in shower (ok that was spoilt but a girl can dream) I checked out the two studies downstairs, a utility room and bathroom downstairs. 

I went upstairs to see mum and dads en-suite room, two spare rooms next door, a main bathroom, Ty's room had shower ensuite whilst mine was located at the end of the hallway. I opened my door to see a classy but modern style room with white and mirrored furniture partnered with grey and a hint yellow accessories. I went into my bathroom to see a walk-in shower with white tiles and black trimmings and some ready-made skincare lined up.

So far I am not hating this place. Mum done well with the designers have to say.

I went to the back garden to see a there was a pool lit up as my eyes gazed to the attached jacuzzi. Theres no denying this house isn't anything but amazing. 

"What did you think of the games room?" Jai asked as I walked into the kitchen "what games room?" I replied "follow me, down the stairs" he said as I looked confused and Jai opened what I assumed was a storage door to a staircase going down. It was a fantastic games room and I can see It had a 70 inch flat screen, pool table, foosball table, a mini fridge, consoles and some dark grey sofabeds "Ty will never leave this place" Jai said as I sat down "don't think I will to be honest, you know Jai I don't feel like this is going to be as dreadful as I thought" he walked over leaning on the arm of the chair opposite "Lola I think it will be good for you guys, sometimes you got to leave your hometown, I know you wanted university over there but hey you get a few more years here to be a kid still" I smiled at his words, Jai always knew what to say no matter what the situation was. 

"How about a game of pool little sis?" Jai asked "if you want your butt kicked sure" I said standing up smirking "still the same cocky kid" he laughed and put $50 on the side. As a girl of my word I can confirm I won, "when could you play properly" he said getting an extra 50 for the last game he wanted 'all or nothing';

Nothing is what he got.

"Jai remember before you got all settled and spent every day at the local, well that was us this year and there wasn't much else to do but play pool" I took the money and sarcastically grinned "see, theres more out here than the same shitty local" we headed back upstairs to the garage.

"She's a beauty ain't she" Jai said as we looked at the car, he was right it was a lovely car to have and I did feel grateful not just for the car but this whole new chance. "We better get going, kids have a long day tomorrow" Jai said to Lauren as he picked up Katie, she had grown so much in the last year. We all said goodbye and they invited us round for dinner tomorrow, I can't wait to see their house, straight up Jai was a rich man now and Laurens taste was impeccable.

After me, mum and dad had a takeaway or takeout suppose I should say these days I said goodbye and went up to bed.

Travelling was exhausting but something was bugging my mind and I could not sleep for the life of me. 

I was scrolling through some tiktoks, of dogs of course, when mum knocked "night sweetie, hope you are feeling a little settled" she gave me a smile and I sat up "mum-" before I finished my sentence she sat on my bed;

Mothers intuition really is never wrong.

"Mum I don't know if it just a mental block but I barely even feel sad about home, about leaving" she placed her hand on my leg over the cover "Lola, you are going to have times, Ty too probably, when you hate me and dad for doing this but like Jai was saying it really could be a good thing, you don't need to feel guilty about that" I sighed "I miss my friends sure mum but honestly, I don't feel guilt for James, and I know the whole we are only young thing but feel like I just should feel some way" she smiled "when I spilt from my ex at twenty, do you know what I did?" I raised my brows "firstly took me a very small time to umm... move on... but also me and the girls looked back and in our chats I realised it was lust, I hadn't experienced loved just thankfulness for him loving me, and that is okay" I smiled "so is your advice to get under someone as quick as you?" I said as she stood up "LOLA! I did not say that...but needs must" she winked and I laughed "thank you mum, I am sorry I have been a nightmare recently" she looked understanding "we were all hormonal once, ask dad and he will say I still am" I laughed "he still is" we said goodnight and I felt more at ease.

Maybe I was just thankful for James? But how much I wish it was just hormones, my parents let alone anyone else for that matter knows what is really wrong with me.

I don't even know I just know it's painful to live through everyday.

I woke up at 9:30am and went downstairs where mum was cooking pancakes and dad on his laptop. "Morning, did you sleep well honey?" Mum asked "yeah thanks, you guys?" I replied "not to bad, but I am sick of American 'commercials, we will sort out your license after breakfast if you want" dad said and I nodded.

They do love a commercial break.

After the hassle of the car we went and sorted out my bank card which I can assure you will be taking some heavy hits, I mean new climate new wardrobe right? 

I finished off some unpacking before getting ready for Jais, I opted for light blue mum jeans and a vest with a check over-shirt, I hate my arms out. 

We had dinner then I played with Katie and Jamie, honestly I can't believe how grown up my little babies are, when Lauren told me about school I nearly cried just thinking how old they were. Me and Lauren were in the kitchen when Jai walked in "I really like being able to see them grow up" I said as we looked into the games room "I really love having a babysitter on tap" Jai smiled and I rolled my eyes "but really it's good to see you lot again, don't forget I have always got your back" he added as I topped up the glasses "warning L, you think the big brother talk was bad before, it's only worse now he has a little girl" Lauren said sipping her wine "don't be too over protective, please I am not a kid" I said rolling my eyes "you're my little sister so sorry not sorry I will be and especially when it comes to boys, I was one once" he said grabbing a beer and I sighed "Jai I'm old enough to look after myself" I muttered "I'll remember that when you come to me crying and asking me to beat some guy up" he replied "I've never done that" I protested looking at Lauren "yet" he replied and I laughed as Katie ran in "boys are so icky!" she begged Jai to hold her and as he lifted her up he kissed her forehead "see, he's brainwashed her" Lauren joked and I laughed. 

Why does Jai even think I have 'boy problems' not exactly got them at my beck and call.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote and comment please if you liked it x