2. Hello America

We arrived at the airport 45 minutes after leaving my house and now I have an 11 hour flight. I really didn't want to leave London and be so far away from my friends, family and James, its already so hard and I haven't even left the UK yet.

My head is so dazed, I have so many negatives outweighing anything right now but I also cannot shake the feeling that this might not be that bad? Or am I trying to make it manageable?

We went through security and went to eat something before the long journey, half way through our meal my mum and dad said that they wanted to talk to me - oh great this has been good news lately. 

"Ok but am I'm going to either cry or get angry and walk away?" I asked "I hope not" they replied "me and your father have decided that since your 18 soon and can drive anyway that you get a car" mum said "really, thank you, is it going to be an automatic pickup or something, seems fitting with the American vibe?" I asked, taken by surprise, we aren't exactly poor we just have had some issues recently and big purchases are not the one recently "its your cousins old car, a Lamborghini gallardo spyder, in dark grey" my dad said as my mouth fell open "holy shit, thank you" I hugged them "language" my mum added "sorry, thank you" I said, I know its random and its expensive and I didn't even like the kid he's such a spoilt brat (ironic now) but I'll take that car any day, who wouldn't?

We finished eating but had 40 minutes till we boarded but mum and dad had 'business' to deal with-what a surprise

Note to self- do not start your own insurance business.

I sat down and checked my phone to see a text from Jade;

Hey, how are u? miss you like crazy, have a great time in America and tell me what those hot americans are like ;))  love you xxx

Ofc I'll keep you informed, I'm ok I suppose but I miss you all and I really hate the thought of leaving you , thank you for being there for me J x

Glad you are holding up okay, it will have its down and god I already miss facetiming you with boy drama BUT maybe there will be some good times for you!! we miss you already, we will talk everyday yeah? xxx

I still expect weekly updates about the new boy you have fell in love with! Of course we will, is James ok? x Hard to think what to even say to him.

HEY! I loved the same boy for a whole 3 weeks last month ;)) but James isn't with us, he really misses you L x

I miss him so much (and you of course), I will try speak to him but don't want to even think of the breakup right now, I gotta go have a good one, I love you all x

I'll look out for him x Love you too, safe flight xxx

Ok, it's odd it feels like I am forcing myself into missing James more than my heart does, I do not know if I am just being me and mentally blocking out problems or if maybe I was just not as in love as I thought?

I still need to speak to him, I'll always care; I sat there staring at my notes app pre-planning my message before I just decided to say it straight;

HiJames hope you're not feeling too bad, I heard you aren't with the others just checking you are ok? xxx

Hi L, I  am just not feeling being out right now, also I hope you understand and don't hate me for letting you go but I  just don't want to hold you back, I will always love you L x

James I love you I don't hate you at all, I understand why you done it, it's better in the long term for the both of us x

Good because I couldn't bare it if you hated me x I really am going to miss you and that body of yours ;) x

Feelings mutual baby, thank you for everything you have done for me, I've gotta go speak soon xx

Bye L, safe journey, good luck xx

I felt emotionally about leaving him but something just feels so off, I hate the things this move is doing to my already messy and chaotic brain.

As we started to take off , I looked out the window and whispered very quietly "Goodbye England"my mum hugged me and kissed my forehead saying "don't worry it will be ok sweetie" I smiled at her and looked through my playlists, sad songs only seemed fitting. 

I had been drifting in and out of sleep for most of the journey and just as I got a little comfy I was woken up by my mum trying to find something "what are you looking for?" I mumbled while yawning "sorry didn't mean to wake you, I was looking for my charger" she replied, I couldn't get back to sleep so pulled out my phone to search my netflix downloaded but my mum tapped my shoulder... "Yeah?" I questioned while pausing the music "your brother is going to be at the house, I can't wait to see him" my mum said "neither, least theres someone we know there already" I replied.

Me and my brother Jai are really close despite the 8 year gap. He married Lauren around 5 years ago, she is really a lovely girl (that and her stunning blonde hair and slim figure is what changed Jai from a commitment-phobe to a besotted, whipped man). They have 2 kids, 4 year old Jamie and 2 year old Katie. Jai never planned to move but he's a director/producer and got offered good jobs in America, mostly in California so moved to Santa Monica about 3 years ago. We speak a good amount and stayed still really close but the few time I have seen him he comes to us. Me and my parents are happy we get to see the kids grow up. 

Then there's Tyler; he is 16 and really he is the most average teen boy. He loves gaming and basketball, and girls, but also he is actually a smart boy and I hope this moves gives him better opportunities too. Ty is a carbon copy of Jai really, he is a little taller than Jai's 6ft frame at around 6'3 but unlike my dirty blonde hair (naturally anyway rn I am a little blonder thanks to some high lift tiny) Ty has dad and Jai's dark brown hair and we all share dads chocolate brown eyes. The boys were handsome and mum loved showing them off. 

Ty is coming a bit later with my dads brother because he has to finish school.  I'm close with him too and overall I am grateful for two brothers, as dad says 2 boys was always going to be more a breeze than 2 of me. 

"How far away are they, Jai and Lauren?" I asked my mum "about a 20 minute walk down the street" she replied with a smile "oh ok, so I'm on babysitting duties then I guess" mum smiled "most likely" I smiled thinking of Katie and Jamie I haven't seen them in so long, I bet they have grown. 

We finally landed at around 6pm Cali time and already I was so ready to get to my new house and sleep in a bed with actual pillows.

The driver was awol so mum and dad went to sort it out while I went outside for a smoke. I watched as loads of families, friends and couples were getting into cars until it made me think of James, why don't I wish that was us?  I need to shake these thoughts. 

I finished my cig and went to pick up my bag before I accidentally bumped into someone "sorry" I said while he turned around, wow okay Jade wasn't far off these boys over here are sexy. He had black hair and brownish-hazel eyes, broad shoulders and I could tell by how his t-shirt fit that he had a good build underneath. I was snapped from my desperate drooling by his husky voice "don't worry, I don't mind when girls like you bump into me, I'm Jack" he said with a cheeky smirk on his face and I rolled my eyes "Lola and I've gotta go" I went to pickup my bag before he held his hand out "here" he passed me the lighter I dropped "thank you" I walked away, ok I'm not going to lie he was fit but he also seemed like a prat, sometimes you can just tell. 

A jock maybe? I am going to have to re-watch so many American chick flicks to get use to this.

After finally sorting a car we arrived at the new house and I was speechless, I can assure you thats very rare, I am a gemini after all and a loud mouthed one at that. 

But really, I knew my auntie was 'rich' but this house was a statement of 'rich rich'. Least when I cry, which I can also guarantee will happen, I can cry in a nice room hopefully, maybe in my own shower.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed, vote and comment if you did! xxx