Epilogue

It had been months since Michael heard from Ryan

It had been months since Michael heard from Ryan. But he never gave up, he'd pop up at her job begging her to take him back. He did this everyday until he was restricted from going back on the company's property. Ryan couldn't stand to see the sad sight that was Michael. But at the same time she didn't notice how suffocating he was until he didn't get his way. She loved him, she honestly did but he needed some help, because what he was doing at the moment wasn't healthy. He had broken into her condo, scaring her and begging her to give the whole marriage a try or at least take him back. He couldn't just let her think about it, he had to be on her back about it twenty- four seven.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay with me for a while? It's starting to get a little scary how much he follows you." John places Ryan's freshly made cup of tea on her desk before bouncing down in his own chair.

"I'm not scared of Michael, I'm scared of what he's doing to himself. This isn't healthy you can tell he hasn't been eating right or sleeping."

"Maybe you should sit down and talk with him. Cause he follows you where ever you go. Sis you had to change your number with how much he was blowing up his phone. I would've never guessed Michael to be a stalker."

"I've tried, he doesn't listen to anything logical I have to say. He's not a stalker, but he does try to manipulate me back into the relationship. Every time he touches me I want to fall right back in and give him everything he wants." Ryan sips her drink as John grimaces.

"Too much information." He shakes his head making Ryan giggle.

"But I know I'm not ready for marriage and I won't let anyone pressure me into it. I'd rather be separated than do something that won't bring me any joy. Marriage isn't always the answer for every relationship, I just needed time and I was happy where our relationship was. He just came out of no where with the proposal and honestly I'm still shocked."

"Well y'all two niggas got too much going on for me, maybe being separate will be better for both of you. Cause ever since he came into your life yeah you've been happy but at the same time you haven't been yourself. Now you've grown in a lot of good ways but also you became really dependent on Michael. As well as Michael becoming a little obsessed with you?"

"Why you so obsessed with me? Boy I gotta knooow!" Ryan sings making John give her a blank look.

"You don't take anything seriously." He rolls his eyes turning his head to the door as it opens.

"Hey guys I got dinner, come to the lounge I got Italian food." Jenna peeks her head in the door. "What y'all in here talking about?"

"Her and crazy ass Michael." John stands up cutting his computer off.

"That man is crazy, but he's that sexy kind of crazy you know what I mean? You're lucky as hell Ryan, I would've let him put that ring on my finger and something else in me if you know what I'm saying." She winks making the best friends gag.

"You have a whole husband." Ryan shakes her head at her boss.

"So Michael is young and sprung I need that kind of energy in my life."

"I am disgusted, can we just go eat." John pushes past the pair heading straight to the break room.

"You know you're out of pocket, right?" I side eye her as we follow John's path. Once they get there, only John and Nathan sat at the table talking. "Where's everyone else?"

"They went home, but I thought it would be nice for us to just sit down." Jenna hands Ryan a plate of food and they sit down across from the two boys.

"Why are you say it like that?" Nathan looks up at the girl who shrugged in response.

"Because I just thought there were going to be more people not just you."

"Well damn Ryan you saying like you don't like my boy." John nudged Nathan's shoulder. She again shrugged in response deciding not to answer. Truth is Ryan didn't really like the man, he'd often ask her out on dates which she'd turn down but he wouldn't give up. He had that same persistence that Michael had, she couldn't put herself through another relationship like that.

But at the same time she was still very much still in love with Michael. She would never be able to fully get over him even if and when she decided to move on. She really believed in their relationship somethings needed to change, like her having a bigger voice in the relationship. Also having him be alright with answers that aren't the same as his. She just needed more time.

Okay so we finished finished

Okay so we finished finished. I know this probably not what y'all wanted. Y'all probably wanted Michael and Ryan to meet up but no chile, they gotta fix they relationship off screen in the imaginary world. Shit y'all keep talm bout a sequel. Of what? Hmmm? What's it gonna be about? Nothing exactly, ain't shit else to write about for them!! 😂😂 Maybe one day in a bonus chapter their worlds will collide again. Next thing I'm dropping on this book is a excerpt from my new book "Thinking of Chef Bakari" Y'all stay tuned for that, plus y'all got me to 20k reads in a day like damn I was just at 18k when I uploaded the last chapter but 🤷🏽‍♀️ y'all keep the reads flowing. If Y'all got any concerns dm me ❤️