Chapter Thirty Seven- Nurses

(Michael's POV)

(Michael's POV)

Seeing Ryan connected to all these machines with a cast on her wrist and gauze wrapped all around her head was nerve racking. Her family didn't allow me into the room until the doctors cleared her for being okay. All of this is my fault, I'm the reason why her family is angry at her and the reason why they hurt her. I guess this is how she felt when my brother came at her, like she didn't belong in a family that she really wanted to be a part of.

Her parents were actually fucking crazy and I still couldn't believe that Chadwick went along with it. Even though he knew that I believed Ryan was the one for me. Getting lost in my thoughts I didn't even notice Ryan had opened her eyes and was staring at me. Quickly walking over I take her face into my hands a press a long kiss to her lips.

"I'm so fucking sorry." I close my eyes as my forehead rests against hers.

"You didn't really do anything but crush my wrist with your heavy ass brick body. I always loved how muscular you are were until it landed on top of me." She smiles up at me using he left hand to squeeze my upper arm.

"It wouldn't have happened if I would've listened to you and stayed in the car."

"Okay but what happened to the Uber with all of our stuff in it?"

"I took it to the hospital, but your family didn't want me around while you were getting the cast on and your stitches in. So I took it to the hotel we were staying at until our flight."

"Which we missed and we're going to miss the New Years Ball." She drowns now coming to the realization of how many people she was going to let down. "What am I even supposed to say happened? I can't just tell my manager, 'Oh yeah my little sister pushed Michael trying to intimidate him, but ended up pushing us off the steps, making Michael fall on top of me. Which caused my wrist to break and me to get five stitches in my head from falling on rocks.' She'll think I'm crazy."

"Maybe it's because we are crazy. Why couldn't we just have had a normal vacation?" I pull a chair up to her bed looking at her.

"Maybe we need to go somewhere just us, because it's apparent our families have too many issues with us together. Mine more than yours."

"Definitely, I'll get my brother to come around to the idea of us. But your parents are another story what the hell did I do to them? Why would they even put us in a situation like that?"

"I don't know, I honestly thought my parents liked you."

"Apparently they like Chadwick better."

"I don't understand why though what was the purpose. They've been acting so weird ever since we got together."

"Maybe I'm the issue Ryan."

"No, they have the issues. I wouldn't leave you just because my parents think that there is someone out there that seems more compatible for me. I should be the one who decides who I want to be with." She places her okay hand on my face looking at me in the eyes.