Chapter Seven- Misleading Kisses

*Ryan's POV*

*Ryan's POV*

Sighing in check my phone for the hundredth time in the last hour, it's ten and there isn't any sign of Michael. My test was in a half an hour and I decide to just eat alone and hurry to class. The breakfast spot was like a ten minute walk away from the building I was testing in. I can't believe this man stood me up, after begging to see me. It's okay though, I knew something was off about that man. I feel foolish for even entertaining the thought of going out with Michael. I clench my teeth and pay for my bill, tipping the waitress who was all but nice to me, but I always tip. I text John telling him what happened, knowing that he wouldn't read it because his phone is off. He takes studying to the next level, I should've stayed with him and studied before the test, let's get this test out of the way.

"That was way easier than I expected, I'm glad we spent a thousand years studying for this." I say wrapping my arm around Johns.

"Really? That shit was hard for me."

"I already know you did better than me, but the score should be posted on Sunday." John was looking at his phone and he looked up at me with a sorry smile.

"Sorry my phone was off, I would've came and picked you up. I'm sorry he stood you up, maybe it's a good reason." I roll my eyes when he says this, John is so optimistic, but Michael is just a asshole.

"He didn't even text me to tell me he couldn't make it, just seems like a ass to me."

"Have you check if he texted now? It has been two hours."

"I'll see." I whip out my phone to see four missed calls from Michael, a voicemail and three text from him. I show John with a straight face.

"Let's hear the voicemail" John says taking my phone out of my hand and clicking on the message.

"Hey, I was just calling you to tell you that I had a gig to go to this morning and I wouldn't be able to go. I know this message is still late, but I promise I will make it up to you. Good luck on your test and text or call me when you get this message." The voice message clicks to a end and I smack my teeth.

"See there was a good reason, even though he was late with the explanation there still was one. That's good right?" John asks opening the car door for me and I shrug. I really shouldn't care that Michael did that to me. But it kind of knocked my ego back because I'm the one who made the plans and still got stood up.

"I don't like being stood up, he should check if he has something to do before he agrees to make plans."

"Maybe he really wanted to go with you, so he impulsively said yes."

"I don't like being let down, you know that John so I'm gonna fall back from this for a minute and let him chase me for a minute."

"Why not just go to lunch, call him back."