Chapter Forty Four- Happy Birthday

(Ryan's outfit for the dinner in the media above)

(Ryan's POV)

"Ryan I'm so glad you called me to help because baby girl I'm sorry to tell you, you would've burnt this kitchen down." Faith pats my back covering the food with aluminum foil.

"Thank you for helping, I really appreciate it. I don't know where Justine is and she isn't answering my calls after she told me she'd help. I know you probably had better things to do than help your son's girlfriend cook."

"Nonsense sweetie. I'm always happy to spend time with you, you're wonderful." I smile at the older woman she speaks.

"Thank you, you're amazing too. Okay I want you to rate my gift." I walk into the living room and grab the giant cardboard box.

"Is there something in it?" She tilts her head in confusion at the box. I spin it around to the side I wrote on. "I'm moving in?" She reads out slowly before gasping and holding her hands together. "You're moving in?!" She yells excitedly and I nod. She pulls me into a tight hug. "Michael is going to be so happy. What made you change your mind?"

"I'm really understanding why he wanted me to move in now. Michael is too tired to drive over to my place after shoots and he's been working really hard lately. So I have to drive over here every night and drive back to work. He lives closer to my job than I do if you take the back roads. But from here to my place is like a forty minute drive. I just want to come home and just snuggle up with Michael."

"Well I'm glad you are making this big step in your relationship."

"I am too, okay you get out of here I need to get ready."

"Alright I hope this dinner goes amazing! The food taste great and call me if anything goes wrong." She hugs me again before leaving.

"Bye Faith." I call out as she leaves. I jog upstairs showering, exfoliating and shaving. I finish straightening my hair and wrap it up as I hear the front door slam close. I swear I told Sterling to keep Michael out of the house until eight. I snatch my phone up opening it seeing that it was seven thirty. Shit what the hell have I been doing for the past two hours? Dialing Sterlings number I place the phone to my ear.

"Before you trip the fuck out on me, I couldn't stop him from coming home. He's pissed he hasn't heard from you all day other than as he says the dry ass happy birthday you gave him. He just wanted to go home and go to sleep. It was hard as fuck trying to keep him away for this long." As he speaks I quickly unwrap my hair again.

"Fuck Sterling I'm not even ready, don't let him upstairs or in the kitchen." I say through my gritted teeth shimmying into my dress.

"Alright I got you I'll try to get him to stay in the gym, I'll tell him to work out the stress. I'll hit you up if he's coming upstairs."