Sneak Peek

This sneak peek isn't that exciting but it will give you a hint of what is to happen in the upcoming chapter that's coming on Friday 10:30 pm, est. 

I wonder what she would have looked like now or in the next ten years. What she would look like if I had just done the right thing but there were two right things I could have done and I only chose one, I chose Eliza when I could have gone anywhere in one day and got it done. "don't tell anyone please, I only trust you out of the rest Dallas," it is also wrong to trust one child than the rest or to have a favorite but I did. I felt the closest to her when she was born. She was my closest daughter that I conceived when Virginia couldn't make it. They were like twins.

"I know you haven't looked so good lately mommy but do you think you try to be better for us?"

"Anything for you," I pulled her into a long hug as we knelt to the ground and had a moment that I couldn't count between my own mother too many times. We all have people that we love snatched away from us too soon. "you can come out here anytime you want to but please respect this space, it's just for us and Ginnie."

With a smile, she nodded and ran off. I took my phone out of my pocket to call Eliza about the event. I had her on recent contacts and called her after I tapped on her picture of us, it made me dizzy just looking at the picture because we look so happy and in love. Then after a while of the phone ringing I wasn't distracted by the picture anymore I noticed it took Eliza too long to return the call until maybe the sixth ring. "hello," she finally answered. She was panting, she sounded out of breath.

"You're panting," I said.

"Yeah, I just came back from a run while I was taking other business calls, what can I do?" her voice consisted of shame and anger.

"We have a fundraiser to run at the school, they sent it by community letter--"

"Yeah I know they sent me on, the Principle personally called me and begged me to be there, I will be and I'll be there for you Ashley,"

I trembled at her words then straightened my body. "you will be there for our children but you and I need some time apart, just be there next week on Tuesday night, Eliza,"

I was about to hang up on my wife until she called out my name once more, "Ash, I love you, I live you, don't get so pent up over one mistake I made." after that I rolled my eyes and hung up on Eliza. I took a seat by my daughter's gravesite, I couldn't think of much more to do about this bump in our marriage. I healed a little over the time she's been staying away, I didn't feel so bad excluding her when she was on her business trip anyway.

Alright back off that's all you're getting baby! Until Friday night, I love you, hold on tight.