65. Sh*tstorm

Noah POV

I drove myself home via motorbike after Jean's class, said goodnight to the both of them, pulled up the drive, parked, and made myself welcome inside the house. I kicked my shoes off in the foyer and dropped my bag, taking a cautious glance at the living room, much to my surprise no one was there, not my uncles, not a single aunt, or any of my siblings. . . This was strange. 

I heard a noise in the distance, from afar. My best guess was it came from the kitchen, a high-pitched shattering, and roaring, despite the hunch that told me to stay away from the noise I shook it off nonetheless and proceeded into the weary turn and corners of the house. With each step the noises became more clear as did the level of the situation, it was a fight.  

"For ten years I have done nothing but love you, give you what you need, wanted and have asked of me and this is how you repay me by placing all the blame on me?! You turn to them on my fucking back? Now you can't even face me?"

"Fuck you! Damn it don't you see I'm trying?!" Another plate flies across the room then Eliza ducks unsuccessfully and is grazed by the plate on her shoulder before it meets the wall and comes meets the floor in shattered porcelain. 

"Was I never worthy of your love? Hmm?" Eliza asks, stalking closer to Ashley. She was mad, she had to be when Ashley was standing in the kitchen throwing plates at her and so was Ashley. This was so not my mom, Ashley was the sweetest person in the world and she loved my mother with everything inside of her despite all the wrong Eliza had done. 

"You are. I never meant those words, please just stop and hear me out. I was under--"

Eliza rampaged into Ashley taking her by the next across the fridge and punched her first into a glass cabinet. "I've heard everything I needed to hear god damnit. I'll never be good enough. Tell me I'll never be good enough to that I can be free of you for once, so I can stop waiting around for you to love me, so that maybe I can love again and leave you alone. Give me a reason to leave."

"Eliza please, I ca--"Ashley's voice was cut off as she stood there weak, unable to finish her words and unable to fight Eliza off of her. As though she had known she was in the wrong for something and that whatever it was is her fault and she deserved this. 

"Say the fucking words!" She snarled.

"Please," She begged. 

"Tell. Me. You. Don't. Love. Me." Eliza seethed, I believed she could only see red now. Everything around her ceases to exist. 

I should have done something but all I could do was stand there behind a corner, helpless, frozen in shock, and slightly, terrifyingly mesmerized of my parent's fight. Perhaps I should have called for help but I had to believe Eliza wouldn't go this far but that would be a lie. She could go much further, she tried to kill me, and she killed the man who made Ashley pregnant.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse Ashley dug her nails into Eliza's fingers which was more than enough to get Eliza to retract her hands from her throat and tackled Eliza to the floor, slapping her repeatedly. "Fucking listen to me,"

The glass had turned into confetti on the floor, it was unsafe for both of them to be down there but the adrenaline had kicked in and I don't think any of them noticed. Ashley straddled her, landing more slapping blows to her face. "You fucking--"

Ashley did the unexpected and kissed Eliza much to my surprise. She kissed back. "You hate me?"

"Yeah, I fucking hate you."

"I hate you so fucking much,"

"I despise you."

"Go to hell,"