71. I'll Be Seeing You

- Don't give up hope

Eliza POV

Bump. Bump. Bump. My heart beats irregularly while I stand here in front of Ashley, trying to shield her away from the gun the madwoman is pointing toward her. It had been nothing compared to being kidnapped by Alex, the fear I felt with him day after day, and the abuse I suffered. This fear was different, brand new. If I kept my eyes off of Ashley she would be less likely to harm her, Corvina obviously couldn't stand that Ashley would never be over me meanwhile I could stand that just perfectly. It made my heart happy to know that even as this psycho bitch stood before us, it was living. . . Or dying proof that she obviously wanted me. 

And I wanted her. Crazy pregnancy hormones and all. If I detached myself from Ashley she would have a chance of being safe but it still was not enough. 

I quickly glance to my son standing behind the bushes, glancing in a few words at what we had talked about previously to tonight. That grand gesture he was talking about this entire time. It would happen here and now and not have been the one he was hoping for. I wasn't no Josslyn, I could hardly have a success rate of this outcome but nothing mattered as long as Ashley and the baby is safe. Our family was safe. The fear in Ben's eyes, my mother's. Rightfully so. 

Although my heart beat erratically I had never felt so sure, so calm about where I am situated. I'd die for this woman. 

I had all the fun in the world to be had, ending on what I'd call a successful note to pour salt into Lita's wound. My digits fingering her wound as she played a vital part in this all to keep me away from Ashley and it was not all her fault, I fell for it. I cheated. But she did not have to go this far. Her blood dried on my fingers as I stood here outnumbered and outgunned. My sister's men people would not move until it was clear everyone would be out of danger, it was up to me to stop her. 

Ashley talked Matthew down for a split moment. He confesses this was not his plan, but rather anything to please his wife he would do. I know this all too well. Corvina's wild eyes glowed in response to mine as I dimmed them in my shallow eyelids, I had no more reason to be proud when death was certain for someone here. I was giving in and yes, Ashley would hate me for it but she will adjust, she will live, and move on from the fact of everything in case the backup after this doesn't work. 

I had taken out a loan on the house years ago for spare organs that were genetically modified to my DNA. I should hope I never needed them. I should hope for the ones harvested for everyone else in the house wouldn't be needed in the future either. It was funny the things you could do with enough money and connections, the hidden dark powers of fame, and what you can do with life in it. 

If I have learned anything, it's not the money that saves you. It isn't the organs you've acquired. It is simply a game of chance, I did not put faith in the heavenly father to see whether I would be saved or not, or to keep going on alongside Ashley.

I spoke to the ticking time bomb woman in front of me with her guns pointed at me and my wife and then for once, to let her know just how much I loved her, Ashley had to believe me now. "You can't ruin something that will last forever," I tell her truthfully. It was merely impossible to ruin the fabric of something that would go on between us whether I passed or not. After all, we've put each other through we have come too far to be over in any true sense. "real love like ours is never ruined, only disrupted for a little time but everything finds its way to come back full circle. Every wrong at the end is righted. You cannot take that away even with death."