Chapter 29

Jakes P.O.V

I couldn't believe she was gone. It just didn't seem right, it was like the whole world grew colder and dimmer. We had to move Violet out of her room so we could get her ready for the funeral, which was not an easy task. Mason had tried to punch Haydens head off, and it took all of us to knock him out and get him away from Violet. James was even harder. He, unlike Mason was alot stronger and way tougher to take down. He knocked out Hayden and almost took Maxs head off, Mayra had to mind knock him out so he wouldn't do anymore damage to us or himself.

Moving Violet was difficult, we all knew that James wanted to put her to rest but we couldn't let him. He was way to upset and we didn't know what he would do if we left him alone with her. I shuddered at the thought, Iv'e known James for a very long time and this was the only girl he had ever fallen for. It saddened me to think that, she was so young too.

"May would you get her ready please?" My voice barely worked, Mayra just nodded and gently moved Violet out of her old room. I couldn't do much after she left, I somehow made my way into my own room and fell onto the bed. I hope i don't wake up either.

Mayras P.O.V

Taking Violet up to the 3rd floor was the worst thing ive ever had to do. There was two doors upstairs, one was a storage room and the other was where we looked after our own. Our family used to have a ton of servants who would do this for us but they all left or died. Plain grey walls with a few built in side tables, a large stone altar stood in the middle of the room and right now Violet occupied that space, Inside was all the things needed to make someone presentable for their own funeral.

We didn't take organs out or enbalm them or anything like that but we did make them clean and look...nice. After i cut away the rest of Violets tattered dress I had to sponge away all the dirt, mud and blood that caked her whole body. Then i set to work cleaning her hair and brushing that once it was dry. After i covered her with a sheet i walked back down to find something nice for her to wear.

I tried to avoid everyone on the way, i don't know why really but it talking to someone now just didn't feel right. When i made it to her room it was empty. The sheets were still crumpled and stained, Blane was still on the window seat, lifeless and still. I really did feel sorry for him, he died for nothing. and James was no were in sight. I was hoping that the guys had moved him into his own room but i wasn't game enough to check if he was accually there.

I walked as steadily as i could to her waldrobe and closed the doors behind me gently.  I almost started to cry again, the whole room smelt just like her. She had so many dresses in here, i tried to find something that was her favourite. I wasn't really sure on what she liked but i found something that suited her nicely.

It was a small corset dress, the top half was smooth black and had a very gentle hand painted swirl that stretched from the bottom corner to the oppoiste side on the top. The skirt was knee length and ruffled out in layers gently.

I was about to walk out when something caught my eye, her corsage. The one James had given her, he had taken it off when we bought her back home. I knew that he would want this with her, i picked it up gently. like it would break into pieces if i move it to fast and made my way back up to dress Violet.

It was a little difficult to put the dress on but i managed it without anyone else, i think it was for the best anyway. I wouldn't be able to cope with someone else in the room with me. I had found a pair of black slip ons for her so i added them. I knew what she liked with make up so i was going to make sure she went out in full Violet style. Her eye shadow was gothic and black, with matching black lipstick. I had to move away several times because tears would fall and i didn't want them to smudge Violets make up. After i finished i gentley placed the corsage around her wrist.