Chapter 5

James P.O.V

"you say you need me, you say you care. but if i die tonight, you wont care. You'll ignore me and move on. It's how its been for the past 7 years"  Violet had no idea how much i loved her. If Mayra had't inturupted me i could have told her. She glanced back at me and gave a small sad smile. i heard her take a deep breath and then she jumped off the railing.

"no!!" i yelled while i used my inhuman speed to cross the small space of the balcony and leap off the railing after her. My arms closed around her waist and we both fell.

 Violets P.O.V

It felt as if i was faling in slow motion. About half way down i felt a pair of arms encircle my waist and whoever it was twist so that they were underneath me and i was facing the moon. I glanced back as best as i could so i could see who was trying to save me, even though i dont want to be saved, and let out a gasp.

 James was the one who was trying to save me. I tried to struggle out of his grasp but it was to tight around my waist.

 "let me go!" i yelled at him.

 "never" he yelled back just as we hit the concreted pathway below.

The wind was instantly knocked out of me on impact. I struggled to get a breath into my lungs to fill them. I could still feel my arm burning.

Then i remembered James had fallen with me and had tried to break my fall. I tried to leap up off him but fell straight back down after my ankle had caved in from underneath me, hopefully just a sprain. I instead rolled off him and tried kneel so i could see what had happend an- wait what am i saying, hes a vampire he'll be healed in, what? 10 minutes.

I attempted to stand on my ankle, a stab of pain shot up my leg but i was to hyped up on adrenailin to feel much of it. I turned and looked down at the still unconsious James, his skin was chalk white still but had lots of brusies all over and i didn't relise before but there was blood spreading in a pool around him. It took every ounce of my will power not to stay and help him.

I turned around a few times so i could take in were i was. Turns out we had fallen into the rose garden. White  gravel paths were twisting and turning around heaps of different rose bushes, There was a big old wooden set of double doors that stood behind me. So i was guessing that we were in the backyard and woah it was huge.

Judging from how big it was from down here i was guessing that we were in the middle of a old thinned out forest on a estate of some sort. The house was like a damn mansion, big and old. But i didnt have time to sight see, i had to get out of here.

 I heard footsteps coming from inside

 "shit i forgot about the other two" i breathed to myself. I backed away from the door and a still unconsious, but rapidly healing James, and ran for the closest cover of trees which was about 5 meaters away, but i didnt stop there, i kept running for a while, i only stopped when i came to a big lake that was surrounded by a ring of big trees. Dead end.

I sat down with my back leaning against one of the trees and tried to get my breath back. My lungs were burning and i knew i couldn't rest for long, but i was so tired and i felt like my body was planted into the earth. Tears that i had been hanging finally fell in hot wet tracks down my face.

 "what am i going to do" i whispered to myself.

 "you could come home with me" my body went ridgid as soon as i heard him speak. I knew who it was without loking up but i was just so tired i couldn't move. How the fuck did he get here so bloody fast, I had been running out here for almost an hour and still he found me.

A familiar pair of arms picked me up bridal style. I felt the warmth of sleep wash over me, before i drifted off i looked up into James eyes. They were no longer red but they looked as if they were filled with pain and disapointment. A whole lot worse than anger and rage. I didnt want to feel ashamed at what had happened because he was a vampire, more importantly he could have been the one who killed my family. But i still felt like i shouldn't have hurt him like that.

Just before sleep took me over compleatly i heard myslef whisper to him.

 "im sorry. im so sorry"

 and then i saw nothing.