In the dead of night

‘Run………’

I listened to James for once and ran. The cold of the night hit me as soon as I sprinted outside down the steps of the grand old town hall and started to run past the shops and little quaint houses that made up our small quiet town and into the mysterious black forest that surrounded it.

Twigs were scrapping my arms, legs, face and tearing the beautiful black silk ball dress I was wearing. I had already lost the small black heels I was wearing but I didn’t care. We both knew that if I didn’t get away fast enough I would be killed.

 My lungs felt like they would explode at any second now and my legs were aching, my breath coming in ragged gasps but I knew that I couldn’t stop. If i did, i would die.

 My beautiful black waist length hair had fallen out of the petite bun it had been styled in and was now knotted and swaying with every pounding step I took and every now and then would become snagged on a branch and break because of the speed I was running at.

 After what seemed like days I finally stopped in a small clearing. I fell to the ground and started to replay the last few months in my head, and it all started when I met James.

It had been the first day of grade 12; it was cold, wet and windy and pretty miserable.

 "Violet, remember to get those textbooks from the head office"

"Yes Miss Jule I didn’t forget ill go grab them now"

Miss Jule was an old teacher. She was tall and very thin; she had that blue curly old lady hair and a small pair of glasses that sat on the bridge of her nose. She wasn’t a mean teacher but she sure did ‘remind’ you to do things very often. She also had an odd fashion sence like today she wore one of her original pieces, a green and blue stripped shirt with brown slacks and a big black cardigan.

"Well on you way then girl"she gave me a slight push in the direction of the head office and then walked as quickly as she could manage on to her first class. I sighed and started to jog to the other side of Maire Cross High school to grab the 6 text books I was meant to get last year.

 "Name?" the lady at the head office asked. Sounding very bored and tired.

"Violet Rose" I told her.

"So that’s 6 text books, here you are dear" she stacked the books in a pile on my arms. and then just my luck, the bell went telling everyone that 1st period has started. I attempted to look over my books and walk as fast as I could to my first class so i wouldn't get into to much trouble. Cursing myself for wearing black stilettos today.

 Bang!

Suddenly I was falling backwards and my books were flying out of my hands. An arm reached out to stop me.

When I looked up I saw a boy. He was about my age and had short black hair that fell slightly over his eyes, and his eyes……they were the most beautiful blue I have ever seen and he had a slight tan to his pale skin.

Me, I was pale with long black waist length hair and my eyes were, well I'm not really sure they change colour a lot. But mostly there a deep purple colour. I used to wear contacts that were a deep green so i wouldn't be called a freak, but at this school they didn't pick on me for my eye colour, and that's why i love it.  

"Im so sorry" I told him. A little shyly.

"It ok I should be saying sorry. I wasn’t watching were I was going"

Oh his voce, it sounded like warm honey and velvet wrapping around me.

"Well I wasn’t either so well call it even" I said smiling