Chapter 24

James P.O.V

"Come on Mason. We have to move her" I put a hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him. He just pulled out of my grip.

"No im not leaving her" He yelled at me. The anger and fear that was rushing through his voice hurt me worse than any wound. He was shaking, still holding his sister in his arms. I knew that i'd have to knock him out if i wanted to get her away from him but i couldn't do that to him. He was like a brother to me and it wouldn't be right to do that to hom either.

"You don't have to. Were going home, i'll get the car to come around. You don't have to leave her" He stared at me, those tired eyes were hollow again, compleatly defeated and lonely. I knew that look all to well, that was how he was when Mason found out about his parents. I felt the same now. I wanted to scream and throw things. I really wanted to just push him away and hold her myself.

I really just wanted to kill myself and join her, lay with Violet forever. But i just couldn't. Violet wouldn't have wanted that and I also had to be strong for Mason, if i fell apart to i don't know what would happen to us.

"Come on guys its...." Mayra had come out of the tree line, Jake following her closey behind. The shock on her face was unbearable to see.

"No.. she can't be..its.." Mayra ran to me and hugged me tight, somehow knowing exactly how i felt inside. Her sobs rose to a wail, I wish i could cry like that. But I couldn't feel anything anymore, ive lost her and it's just killed me.

I was dead inside. Plain and simple

**__**

The ride home was horrible, no one talked at all but there was no need. Mason still held Violet in his arms, He refused to let her go. It was as though he still thought she could come back. I wanted to believe that, badly.

But if i did and it didn't work out, well you could probably put the pieces together and figure that one out yourself. Mason couldn't stop the tears from falling and neither could Mayra, she kept close to Jake hugging him tightly.

Even when we were getting into the car she still wouldn't let him go. But Jake, he just looked dead, no emotions were visible on his face as he held Mayra gently. I felt the exact same way he looked, dead and hollow. Unable to cry and i think that might be what hurt me the most, I couldn't cry about losing her. I couldn't cry about losing someone i loved more than anything.

Once we had gotten inside, Mason had taken Violet up to her old room. He wouldn't let anyone other than myself inside though. Mayra ended up in a screaming fight with him because he wouldnt let her inside to see Violet. I nthe end she gave up and ran downstairs to Jake, still crying.

The twins had also come over, they had heard the news from one of the people who had attended the ball. They all sat downstaris, together. No sound came from any of them it was just, silent. It felt like it was more than that though, it felt like our whole world was silent. Mourning Violet, she didn't get a chance but it was like everyone still respected her all the same. 

I had left everyone and sat upstairs on the bed next to Violet, holding her hand gently. Mason was at the window seat, holding Violets duster like it was a lifeline. Neither of us spoke for a long time, sruprisingly it was Mason who broke the silence.

"She can't be gone. It was midnight before she went" Mason didn't sound like himself, he sounded horase and defeated. Nothing like the straight faced Mason i had always known. He had always been so calm, it accually scared me to se him like this.

"I know Mase, I know" I muttered softly.

Jakes P.O.V

I can't believe she was gone. It just didn't feel right around this place without her, it felt cold and empty. Mayra hadn't let me go since we got into the car, she hadn't stopped crying either. Her eyes were red and puffy, it killed me to see her like this but i couldn't help her because i felt exactly the same way. The twins were also here with us, sitting next to us on the couch. I think that we all just needed to be together now, nothing was ever going to be the same again. Even if we go on with life, we will never truly move on.

A smash bought all of us back to reality. We didn't move apart from our heads, all of us still sat there in silence. I knew it was a human straight away, the smell came straight through the house to us. I could also tell it was a hunter, but still none of us moved.

"Where is she!" A male voice shouted. Anger and pain flared through his voice as he dashed past the living room and up the stairs to Violet.

Blanes P.O.V

They had taken her out of the town. I wasn't compleatly stupid, i had put a tracker on Violet the night in the cemetary. The night i had stoped her from killing herself, i couldn't believe that i was so stupid to say those things infront of her, i to think i almost lost her because of my stupidness.  I definetly wasn't going to lose her again, she was still a leader and i still cared about her.

I follwed them back to a mansion of some sort. It was way to quiet, but i couldn't wait. I had run up the steps and smashed through one of the side windows, running through the place i found them all in a room.

"Where is she" I yelled None of them said anything, they just stared. Sorrow and pain all over their faces, there was a girl there. Hugging one of the guys, eyes red and puffy from crying. I couldn't care less for them, i ran up the stairs and slammed into every room until i found one that was locked. I kicked it in and stopped dead just as i made my way through the door.

Violet was laying in the bed, pale as the moon. Her chest wasn't rising and her eyes were shut. My heart squeezed and I almost fell down compleatly. This has to be a dream, i thought to myself. No more like a nightmare. A painful nightmare that i couldnt wake up from.

"What did you do to her" The vampire that was sitting on the window seat had blured over and grabbed me by the throat. Pinning me against the wall,Hard. 

"Leave my sister alone! I will prtect her if i have to" He hissed, it didn't sound as menacing as most vampires sound. It sounded..defeated? no that wasn't it.. I think it was loss that filled his voice. I moved around, trying to losen the grip he had on my neck but it was no use, he wouldn't let me go no matter what. His eyes flashed with danger and rage, but just as quickly it was gone again.

"Shes my friend and i probably know a whole lot more about her than you do. Sister or not" i said as best as i could. This made him stop and let go of me, he walked back to the seat slowly. Feet dragging against the carpeted floor. I noticed that he held Violets duster in his hands. But thats not what made me stare, what made me stare was that he looked defeated. Wait i never knew that Violet had a brother, he was never mentioned in the stories.  

"Mason it's ok" The other vampire by her side said. Trying to reasure the other.

"Who are you. What happened. Whats wrong with her?" I couldn't care less about them being vampires at the moment. I needed to know if she was okay. I moved slowly to the edge of her bed, the blonde vampire. Mason, never stopped staring at me. I knew that i didn't have long, my clan was exspecting me soon and if i didn't get there soon, they would probably start looking for me and i couldn't let them find Violet like this. Leader or not, they were bound by oath to kill any vampire and any hunter that had been infected by their venom.  

"She was hurt badly. Were not sure if she made the transition" He said quietly. Still not looking up from Violets face.

"Have you tried anything to bring her back? or wake her up?" I asked quietly. The both looked at me, like i was the best person on the planet. Something shone in their eyes, i couldn't quite pin point what it was but i think it might have been hope.  

"No, we only just bought her home" Mason said very quietly. The staring was starting to annoy me but i had more important things to worry about. Like saving Violet.

Just then, a girl. Burst through the door, The door had hit the wall so hard it had left a big crack right were the door knob was, all three of us in the room blinked in shock. It was the girl from downstaris, tears still streaked her face but she looked different. No she looked determined. I had just opened my mouth and was about to say something when she cut me off.

"Shes alive!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, i know its a short one but i really wanted to finish like this! Dont hate me, ill upload again soon :)

Till next time

Hope xoxo