chapter 3

"i should have known..." I breathed.

I got off him and stood up, backing away slowly. Wait whats wrong with me!, i have never let a vampire go free.

"I knew there was something off about you" The shock kept me moving backwards.

 "Violet please listen to me, I don’t want you to be scared of me" James was also standing now.

 "Im not scared" was all I could say.

"Then why are you backing away from me" he retorted. I was speechless, my head was screaming at me to get out of there but my legs wouldn’t move any faster.

"please Violet just listen to me. You need to hear what i have to say" I heard the pain in his voice as he took a few steps towards me.

"Please…." he held out his hand to me, that’s when I woke up. I turned and sprinted out of the clearing and back into the cold dark forest. I couldn’t run as fast as I would have liked to because of how dark it was and because I didn’t really want to hit a tree and risk getting caught.

I stopped half way and listened. Hoofs up ahead, it was very faint but I could hear the sweet sound of Midnights hoofs on the dirt track. I was just hoping that I beat James back to my horse so I could get out of here before he caught me.

 I burst out of the tree line and saw a sight that nearly bought tears to my eyes, Midnight was standing there about 5 meters away tied to a tree. I suddenly forgot about everything and ran straight for my beautiful girl.

I was about a meter away from her when my forearm started to burn really badly, i stopped and was just about to lift up my jackets arm and see what was causing it a pair of arms encircled my waist and pulled me backwards.

 I tripped and landed back first into a solid object. When I looked up I was praying that he hadn’t caught me, but I knew in my heart that he had, and I was right. I pushed out of his grasp and tried to run, but he just sighed

sighed! And before I could blink he was in front of me

 "shit" I swore. It had been almost a month since i had been up against one of them and i was a little rusty. He lunged at me, picking me up bridal style and started carrying me away from my horse.

 "Put me down!!!" I yelled at him. My dagger was no were to be seen, but that didn't stop me. I kept struggling and fighting against him.

 "I can’t Vi im sorry but I have to do this, I swear on my life that no harm will come to you"

"don’t call me that either!” I yelled again. I kept kicking and struggling.

"And im not going anywhere with you. Im not just going to leave my horse there’ he stopped walking and put me down. I know it was pointless but I attempted to run back to Midnight, James just caught my arm.

"hang on ill get her. Dont move" he let me go and disappeared. I looked around and I couldn’t see him anywhere. as if i was going to stay there, i picked up and ran, sadly only getting 10 feet before he returned.

 "Here" I heard a voice say  I nearly jumped into a tree when i saw he was standing behind me with Midnights reins, holding them out to me I took them.

"Now let’s go" he calmly started to walk ahead of me, like I was just going to follow.

"No im not going anywhere with you" I told him stubbornly.

"Please Violet I don’t want to force you"

 "NO!!" I practically screamed the word at him. My arm then started to burn again, I screamed and fell to the ground. James was next to me before I even fell, he had caught me and I was now sitting in his lap.

 "Violet! What’s wrong where’s the pain" he asked frantically. I just threw out my left forearm, i compleatly lost the thought of him being a vampire. The pain just consumed me and my thinking was all muddled.

 He lifted the jacket up and I heard him gasp. I tried to look up at him through my tear stained face. He wasn't focused on my face he was staring at my arm. I followed his gaze down to my arm and nearly screamed again, luckily I caught my self just in time. It looked like a tattoo, but I have never seen it in my life! It looked like a 5 pointed star, and had a beautiful thorn like pattern surrounding it. To top it all off it was a beautiful sapphire colour. But I could still feel the pain, blackness started to surround my vision. The last thing I heard was James whisper…

 "My queen" and like that I gave into darkness.