Chapter 17

James P.O.V

I heard her on the steps outside.

Crying..

I ran to the doors and opened them, going straight to her. I didn't think twice when i saw her. All of my feelings floated away. Her outift was torn and bloody, her face streaked with mud and tears.

I helped her stand and she just pushed me away.

"What have you done?" i asked her. Jake and Mayra had appered in the doorway, silently watching.

"You will all die for what you have done" Violet whispered, walking up the stairs into her room.

We all looked at eachother, after a few moments we silently followed. I knew it was stupid but i really needed to know what had happened

"Violet, what happened?" i asked her.

"I warned you, vampires" she yelled as she lunged for me.

I just barely ducked out of the way when she swung.

"Violet! it's me, James. what are you doing" I yelled at her, still dodging out of the way of her swipes. She knocked me over into the waldrobe and turned to the nearest person she was able to hit 

"You killed them all!, i hate you" She faked left and instead jabbed right. Just missing a very surprized Jake.

"James, you wanna stop her before she kills me" He yelled.

i used my inhuman speed and knocked into her using my shoulder. I didn't want to hurt her but i would if it meant keeping Mayra and Jake safe.

Violet screamed in anger and threw her blade at me. I side stepped it, but it didn't do much good. It hit my right shoulder, thankfully just grazing but it hurt like someone had just thrown me into the sun. I screamed from the pain but refused to let it stop me from getting to Violet. I surged forward and grabbed her arms, twisting them behind her back. She let out a furiouse scream and struggled trying to break free from my grip.

"Mayra stay away!" i yelled towards my incredibly foolish sister who had began to come towards Violet and myself. I backed up into the far wall of Violets room, unable to go anywere else. Dispite my commands  Mayra still came towards us.

"I can stop her if you just hold her still" She yelled over Violet, who was still bucking and screaming. Gently Mayra placed her hands on either side of Violets head and closed her eyes.

Violet froze then went slack. It was all over in less than a minute, Mayra was staring at Violet with a shocked look on her face.

"What did you see," Jake asked walking slowly towards her. Mayra just stood still and stared ahead. Straight at me. And from that moment, i knew that her secret was out.

"Hunter" was all we were able to make out before she blacked out. Jake thankfully caught her,

"C'mon lets take them both to their beds" I told him sliding my arms underneath Violet, Carrying her brial style over to her bed.

"Were gonna have a lot to talk about tomorrow." Jake muttered as he walked out, taking Mayra to her room.

Violets P.O.V

I woke up with a head ache. It seems that all i do here is black out, i really need to get outta here soon. I got up and tried to push myself off the bed. My shoulder screamed in protest and i let out a surprized yip. I pushed my hair out of the way, a very bruised and red shoulder stared back.

Just great.

I made my way to the bathroom. only then did eveything from last night hit me in a sudden wave.