Chapter 31

James P.O.V

I stood outside Violets room, she was still in there crying her heart out. It made me sick that she was so sad, i wanted to help her but she had locked the door and i really didn't want to break it down. We had moved all the bodys up to the third floor.

Mayra had again taken up the position of looking after the bodies. I love my sister so much sometimes, Violet wouldn't let anyone near Blane at first. It was like me with her when they thought she was gone. It killed me to have to take him away and make her cry like that.

"Hey, he's finished" Mayra gently put an arm on my shoulder.

"thaks May" I hugged her.

"i'll talk to her, okay?" I nodded slightly and moved around to my room. I really didn't want to sit out the front and listen into what they were saying.

Mayras P.O.V

It wasn't easy getting into Violets room, I had to jump through the window to get in and even then she screamed at me to get out.

"Violet will you just listen to me!" I yelled over her. She kept her face down in the pillow and igrnoed me.

"Don't be angry at James or your brother for what happened." Her shoulders were shaking still, i needed her to be okay.

""Why?" She whispered, barely audiable.

"do you want to know what happened?" I sat on the edge of the window seat, not daring to sit anywere near her. I still remember the first day she got here very clearly.

"Your clans followed us back when you.. when you"

"Died" She finished softly.

"Yeah and they must have been waiting for something. But they attacked the house, we defended it downstairs while Mason, James and Blane looked after you upstairs. Blanes had.. Well he changed to save you and we were almost free but something went wrong and a hunter got through the window and shot him. When we all thought you were accually gone, Mason had to be knocked out so we could get you out safely and James wouldn't let you go. The boys nearly had a fist through their heads trying to stop him."

"That was when..I could feel you there. I felt like i was going to wake up but i just couldn't. I was stuck there in between. The blood he gave me wasn't enough" She whispered, her back still to me.

"Yeah. He gave his life for you. Do you remember what had happened when you woke up on the altair?" I aksed her gently. She shook her head slightly.

"you attacked James and Mason both, their blood saved you but you almost killed them both" Violet went very still and quiet. I was accually very scared when she didn't say anything for a while.

"Tell James to come in" She whispered. I could hear her crying again, softly this time but it was still making her shake.

I walked over to the door and unlocked it, pulling it open and softly closing it behind me. I moved quickly over to James room and opened the door.

"she wants to talk to you" I said gently. James had sped past me before i had even finished the sentance, I head Violets door open and close.

"Please make her okay"

James P.O.V

When i walked into her room I was so scared on what she would say to me. I felt sick to think that she'd tell me to never speak to her again.

"Im sorry" She whispered. Violet was sitting on the far side of the bed, her back to me.

"It was my fault he dided, not yours." I ran over to her and wraped my arms around her stiff figure.