chapter 4

I woke to hushed voices. My arm still burned and i had a killer head ache so i kept my eyes shut, Tying to listen in on whoever was talking.

 I could make out some of the convisation, the voices were speaking quietly so it was had to hear. "......what do we do now?....." I heard one say.

 "...take...back..school.." I heard another say.

 "i would stop talking if i were you two" i heard a males voice say quite loudly.

 "why is that, Jake?"

 "because our little friend is awake" i heard amusement in the boy, Jakes, voice. I knew there was no point in laying there with my eyes closed so i let them flutter open. I held back the gasp i was about to let out as i looked around me. The room i was in was huge!

 It looked as though i was in a old mansion. The room i was currenly in was a deep blood red colour, it looked like there was a big walk in waldrobe on one side of the wall opposite of the bed that i was laying on. And woah, the bed was like a double queen bed with black silk sheets to match the colour sceme of the walls.

 Only then i noticed three people standing on one side of the bed, one of them was a beautiful woman, who stood on the left side. the boy, Jake stood not that far behind her. Leaning on the doorway. The girl had deep blue eyes and white blonde hair that fell in curls down to her waist. She looked sort of like Kimberly but less happy and more gracful, then there was Jake. He had the same black hair as James but instead of blue eyes he had a sort of faded purple colour and to top his eyes he had a well built body. In other words he was kind of hot.

Then there was James leaning on the wall to my right which had heavy black curtains covering what i suspected to be a window. The girl smiled at me. They were all vampires, I could just sence that about them. So i was in attack mode.

"how are you feeling" she said and went to touch me. But considering that i didnt know were the hell i was i stood up on the bed, ran to the end and flipped over landing infront of  a desk that stood at the end of the bed. it  held several writing instruments and my long sharp dagger.

Picking up the dagger i held it out infront of me and got into a fighting stance.

 "ooh, she's a fiesty one James" Jake said from the other side of the room.

 "oh just shut up Jake. I dont need your crap right now" James sounded as if he was tired. But he didnt show it as he came towards me.

"Violet dont worry, your safe put the sword down". He wasn't even 4 feet away from me when i lunged at him, the dagger bit deep into his right shoulder blade. The scream he let out was horrid, Jake and the woman sprinted in a blur to James side while i shot out of the door and closed it. finding a lock on the other side of the door i closed it and took a left into a corridor. What kind of idiots put a... accually im not going to dwell on why there was a lock on the other side of the door.

I followed my gut feeling and opened a door after a few minutes of twisting and turrning through the corridors. It turns out the door i opened was to a massive libary. Books covered all the rounded walls, all the way up to the celing. I spotted a pair of wooden doors that were surrounded by book shelves on the left side of the room. I sprinted over to the doors, my heart racing and pulled them open. The doors lead to a big beautiful white concrete blacony that was curved to fit snugly into the wall, that looked onto a even more beautiful rose garden. I ran to the edge of the balcony

 "shit" i swore to my self. I spun around so i could try to find the real door, but i was stopped dead in my tracks, on the other side of the blacony standing in the only door way was Jake and James.

Jake's eyes were no longer the beautiful faded purple, now they were a angry blood red.  I could see his fangs poking out of his mouth, white and dangerous. But James wasn't enraged at all, his eyes were red but his fangs wern't visible. The gash i had made in his arm had already healed. I almost slapped myself, i had forgotten to wash it in silver this morning.

"no were to go now" Jake snarled at me.

I met his cold steel gaze.

"Wanna bet?"  i snarled back. Trying to stall them so i could find an escape route.

"Jake stop this now" James put his good arm out to stop Jake from moving closer. The other one was limp and covered in blood. It may not have been washed in silver reacently but the dagger obviously still had some left from the last time i had washed it.

 "no she tried to kill you and now she will be punished. I don't care who she is" Jake shoved James backwards into the room and closed the doors. Smirking, he walked towards me, i backed up into the concrete ledge that stopped me from falling 20 meters to my death.

"no were to go" Jake whispered to me in a harsh voice.

 "think agin" i whispered back to him just as i jumped onto the concrete ledge. The moon came out just as turned on the spot and stared, with no fear at Jake. His red eyes glowing with anger.

Suddently the wooden doors flew open and a very pissed off James came flying through them, He stopped dead in his tracks as soon as he saw me standing on the ledge.

"Violet..no..please" i could hear the pain in his voice and it took all i had not to jump down and run into his arms.

 "Please...i-i....love-"

 "No!" i looked back at the doors and saw that beautiful girl from the bedroom was who interupted James, she was standing there. Her blonde hair whipping about, white dress wrapping around her in the wind. she looked like an avenging angel, beautiful and deadly.

 I turned around to face the garden. My mind was a mess of thoughts and images. What was James about to say? oh well i dont care.

 Jake was still standing there glued to his spot not saying a word, I stared at the moon. Trying to still the tears. Everyone was frozen, holding there breath.  It caught me by surprize when i heard James speak from behind me.

"don't" was all he said. I could see him staring at my arm, out of the corner of my eye i could see it was glowing white hot like the sun and it felt as if i had plunged my hand into molten lava. But i tried not to show it and kept my face blank.

I glanced over my shoulder and said a poem that i wrote once.

 "you say you need me. You say you care. but if i  die tonight you wont care. You'll ignore me and move on. It's how it's been for the past 7 years"

 A tear rolled down my cheek as i jumped off the ledge. my last thought was:

"i will be with you again my family. and we shall finally have our last dance"