Chapter 22

James P.O.V

Ok everyone, were on high aleart. Anything suspicious and i get notifyed immeadietly. I scanned around looking for Violet, she was no were to be seen and that was not a good sign.

"Has anyone seen her?" That was Mason.

"nothing over here" Max yelled

"yeah what he said!" Hayden yelled back. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Hayden.

"You know you two don't have to yell, it dose hurt our heads"  Mayra huffed. God, i wonder what happened with her and Jake. By the tone Mayra was using and judging by how silent Jake was being, i'd say they were fighting before. I shut the rest of them out of my head and left just Mayra.

"After all of this. We'll talk about it" I said to her softly.

"Just focus of keeping her safe" She replied hard. Before shutting me out from her compleatly.

Violets P.O.V

This Chase guy was alright, after he introduced himself he found me a drink that was not blood and showed me the table that held all of the real food. He was a nice guy but i was still wondering were James had gotten off to.

"Would you care to dance?" Chase asked me politely. I put my drink down on the nearby table and placed my hand in his.

"Sure" i said with a smile. Chase lead me into the middle of the room, directly into the middle and just my damn luck. Everyone stopped and stared.

James P.O.V

"James, its Mayra. I found her" My sisters voice came through, it was quiet and laced with fear.

"I can see her too"  The twins both chorused, the same fear slicked through their voices.

"Were?!" I shouted in my head. trying to get them to snap out of it. Mason came through at the back of the conversation, still using his quiet calm tone.

"Right in the middle. With...Chase"  I almost stopped moving. It was almost like my body shut down.

Snap!

It took me a moment to realise what had just happened. Mason had come up and slapped me in the face, not hard enough to do damage but hard enough so that i could feel it. I bought my head back and stared directly at him.

"You need to get your act together if were going to save her life. No time for shutting down" He hissed in my face. Mason, most of the time was neutral and didn't add exspression but i have seen him before all this. There was once a time when Mason was happy and almost always smiling, but that had all changed when his family was killed and his sister was taken away from them. He was left to fend for himself, i found him then and have helped him get back on his feet.

"I know. We will get your sister back. Alive and well" I said grabbing his arm.

Violets P.O.V

Well this was awkward. The entire room stopped and made a big circle in the middle of the dance area. I looked around and saw James, James Mayra, the twins and Mason. All of them were positioned in seperate areas around the edge of the circle. All of them were looking at me with fear on their faces, including Mason who looked worse than all of them combined. I tried to move away from Chase but me kept an iron grip on my waist and my hand.

"Let me go" I hissed to him. The glint in his eye was dangerouse, they flashed red for a second and then went back to the normal colour. I stared him down and glanced back at James, he signalled very slightly to me to wait for the opportunity. I was praying that Chase didn't see, it didn't look like he had realised but then again vamps are good at playing. He let go of my arm and two big, male vamps came out of the crowd and grabbed an arm each roughly. I struggled hard but it was no use, i leant forward in their grip trying to loosen their hold. Chase began to walk around us, he laughed harshley.