Chapter 23

HEY everyone! Just wanted to butt in for a moment and let everyone know that Violet and James story is almost over. Thanks for sticking with their story AND I would like to dedicate this chapter to SabrinaEternallife because she has motivated me a to get my chapters up quicker with all the love shes given ITDON!!

Thanks heaps for sticking with us!!

Till next time

Hopexoxox

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James P.O.V

The screams of vampires filled the air. The innocents were being killed, Chase wasn't going to stop until he had her. The twins had gotten almost everyone out of the ball room but it wasn't much help. It was a battle field now, coven against coven. Bodies were everywere, most of them Chases men but there were some of my own there as well.

 Anger and adrenalin were corsing through me, pushing me to fight. Another one of of them flew at me, I dodged before the vampire even had time to think. I swung my arm around and it made contact with his chest, i had hit so hard that my hand went through his chest. With one final pull I took out his heart and threw it on the ground.

"That is what happens when you mess with whats mine" I hissed, pure rage filling me. Mayra shouted, trying to get my attention. She had 3 men on her, bloody and bruised but still alive. Jake pulled me back.

"Go and find Violet and Mason. They'll need more help than us" He shouted at me. I still tried to push past him but he pushed me back towards the door.

"Go you bloody son of a bitch!! Were fine!" He screamed at me before running to help my sister. I glanced back one more time before shooting out of the doors and sprinting into the night. I stopped to listen.

No sounds near us.

I took off fast, i knew were they would be. Mason told me were he would take her.

"Hold on Mase, im on my way" 

Violets P.O.V

I moved back further, pushing debre out of my way as i tired to get away from him. I was weak, because of the transition was what Mason had said. Chase was still walking towards me, slowly. Taunting me.

I knew i had no chance like this. A yelp came from where Mason was fighting off Chases men, i looked over. I hadn't meant to but it didn't make a difference. Chase jumped me, knocking me a few feet away out onto the grassy area surrounding the wreckage.

"I was at least hoping for you to put up a little fight" He snarled at me, still continuing the slow walk. I spat out blood, another stupid move.

Chase sniffed the air and the dangerouse glint returned in his eyes. Along with something else..along with the hunger.

I stood up, shakily but i couldn't let him get the satisfaction of killing me. The fangs came down, shinning in the moonlight.

"Well well. Looks like the little girl has a little is going to try. You know, there really is no point in trying but it will make things more fun for me" In a flash he stood infront of me. I pulled back and hit him hard in the jaw. He stumbled a little and returned the hit, trowing me back another ten feet.

"Violet!!" Mason screamed my name. My vision blured slightly and i just realised that i was losing alot of blood from a gash in my arm, I tore a chunk from my skirt and wrapped it around the wound tightly. Chase came at me again, grabbing my other arm so tightly i thought it might snap in half. His face was inches from mine but i refused to let him see the pain.

"You are nothing. I can't believe that you were meant to be the queen! You are a useless little child who is as weak as the reast of her family." He threw me back against the dirt hard. Pain shot through me hard, i could barely breath it was so bad.

"Your wrong" I chocked out. Chase looked back at me, amused.

"Really?" I got my breathing under control and attempted to stand, amazingly my legs still worked. I realised that i still hadnt let og of the stake, concealed in my right hand by my tattered skirts. I stared him down.

"I am Violet Rose. The Black Thorn, the most dangerouse vampire hunter in the country and  i will become the queen of vampires and you will be nothing." I heald my head high and looked over at Mason, who was being held by two of Chases men. The fear and pride in his face was so overwhelming i almost forgot what i was doing. Chase laughed again.

"Oh what a speach!" He came to a stand infront of me.

"But what are you going to do about it" He snarled right in my face.

"This" It took him a moment to realise what was happening but even then it was to late. The stake was in his stomach, burried up to the hilt. He let out a scream of rage and threw me back, straight into a tree. My vision waved and i heard a sickening crack.

"NO!" Mason screamed. My vision began to blur and shut out. The few images i saw were of Mason, Chases men on the ground dead and then him leaning over me. Tears running down his cheeks, screaming my name.

"Hold on..not losing you" My hearing was going. I attempted to smile, but by the look on his face it didn't look as assuring as i'd hoped.

James P.O.V

I ran. Hard and fast. Pushing myself.

Chases men were no where to be seen. Which i found odd, but i couldn't stop.

"NO!" The scream broke through the night. Tearing through my eardrums.

Mason. I knew his voice anywere.

When i broke out of the line of trees I almost stopped moving. Blood all over the place, a few of Chases men laying face down and broken. But thats not what made me stop, what made me stop was Mason and the lifeless body of Violet laying cradled in his arms.

"No..No..No..No.No.....No" He kept whispereing to her, over and over. Like a constant beat of a drumm, I slowly made my way over to them.

Oh, god i wish i hadn't.

Violets dress was in rags, the pieces of her skirt only just covering her. Bruises and slashes all over her body, a rag was wrapped around one of her arms, still leaking blood onto the ground. Hair was stretched around her, like a dark, filthy blanket. Her skin was so pale, paler than my own.

Eyes closed.

Her chest wasn't moving and i couldn't hear a beat from her heart. But thats no what hurt the most, oh no. What hurt the most was that she was smiling, very softly.

"She killed him" Mason ckocked out harshly. Still not daring to look at me.

"Chase" He pointed with a weak hand over past the ruins. I didn't want to leave them but i had to see it for myself.

I walked around and sure enough, his body was laying there. A silver stake through his stomach, still burning the skin were it touched. I stepped down hard on the stake with my boot, just to make sure he was dead. Then I walked back to the body of the only girl i had ever loved.

 Far off in the distance i could hear the bells. Happy birthday Vi...