Chapter 26

James P.O.V

I turned my back when Mason began. I just couldn't watch, i don't know why but i just couldn't. I think that Violet had gotten to me, I tried not to think to much about it but i knew that i would hear it all soon enough. I hope that this human knows what he's getting himself into, i had a sinking feeling in my stomach that doubted that he'll make it. 

I was lost in thoughts when the smash came, then the scream. I knew that it wasn't Blanes voice because i knew that voice. It was Max, dread filled me up as i ran out the door and down the stairs. Just as i had made it to the hallway Mayra ran out of the living room, everyone else in tow.

"They've found us!" She screamed grabbing my arm and draggin me along. I knew what she meant by that, she meant hunters. I pulled out of her grip and directed everyone upstairs, stopping to help carry Max with Hayden.

"There's a bunch of wepons stored in the library. Bring them all to us in the hallway. We can't let them get near Blane and Violet, otherwise we could lose everything"  Hayden nodded and dissapeared as soon as i took Max.

No more laughing and joking, we would stand together and id rather kill a few humans rather than lose our queen. The screams from Violets room had begun, we would only have to hold them off for a little while.

If we'd last that long.

Blanes P.O.V

The pain was exscrushiating, I could feel the venom coursing through me, it felt like lava, hot and burning but never damaging. I screamed out from the pain, i couldn't help it. I thrashed out in instinct, trying to dim the pain a little. But it was no use, it only got worse and worse.

"Hold on" I swear i could hear Mason saying over and over. I hung onto those words, like a life line. As if just those words could save me from this pain, this immense and almost intollerable pain that was shooting right through my veins. I thought id black out at any second from the pain, i wished i would black out so i didn't have to feel this. But i didn't, I felt every second of this screaming agony.

Through the pain i could hear voices, screams. I didn't know what was going on but i had a feeling that it wasn't good.

Masons P.O.V

I couldn't believe that he was holding on. The shock i felt was almost as strong as the shock i had felt when Violet had.. no i can't think on that now.

More crashes came from downstairs, the hunters had gotten inside. Shouts and screams could be barely heard over the gunfire. I knew James wouldn't be happy about having to kill all these people, thats just the kind of guy he was. But it was also fact that he'd do anything for my sister, he loved her and i accepted that.

Suddenly the window smashed on the other side of me. I ducked out of the way, dragging a screaming Blane with me. I knew he wouldn't be able to help, considering the state he was in but i knew that i wouldn't be able to protect both of them. I was weak from the change, so i did the only thing i could do.

"James!!!"

James P.O.V

Mason scream was faint over the sound of the shotguns firing. Mayra pushed me aside and yelled for me to go help him, just as another hunter came out and lunged for her. She pulled back and fired her shotgun, the guy screamed and dropped to the ground. I took the chance to run up the hallway.

I flew through the door just as the hunters jumped through the window. there was five of them and alone, Mason wouldn't have standed a chance. I took up a position next to him and fired at one of them with my pistol, straight through the heart. Mason took another one out and i took the thrid one out.