Chapter 63 The end of all things

The sword skimped Kabuto’s shoulder as he shifted aside at the last moment. Sai landed in a crouch in front of him.

Kabuto smirked. “If it isn’t the little turncoat. Didn’t you do all of Danzou’s dirty work?”

“Things are different now,” Sai said, “I have friends.”

“Friends?” Kabuto mocked, “you’re starting to sound like Naruto.”

A faint smile spread across Sai’s face. “I take that as a compliment.” He swung his sword upwards again, forcing Kabuto to take a step back. “Zoraya,” Sai said.

Zoraya nodded. “Got it.” She made a few seals and tried to trap Kabuto’s movements again, but the shinobi made sure to stay clear of any shadows.

He smirked. “That’s not gonna work.”

“I think it’s working just fine,” Sai commented as he continued to drive Kabuto in different directions.

Kabuto chuckled. “Have you forgotten about my friends? They are nearby and closing in as we speak.”

“Like I said,” Sai told him, “I have friends too.”

Not far away they could hear a snarl and then a scream.

“One down,” Sai said.

Kabuto chuckled again. “You think it’s so easy? Yet you haven’t landed one blow.”

Sai’s face was emotionless. “You’re wrong. I have you exactly where I want you.”

A movement in the corner of his eye made Kabuto turn, but before he could complete the movement Anko broke though the trees and kicked him in the stomach. Kabuto flew backwards but was ensnared in chakra strings.

Kankuro stepped into view and grinned. “Gotcha.”

“Not enough,” Kabuto said, but Zoraya added her own jutsu and used the shadows of her teammates to trap Kabuto.

Kabuto stiffened when his movements were restricted by the two different jutsu.

When Anko appeared in his vision again he glared at her.

She returned his glare with an icy one of her own. “We thought we’d give you a taste of your own medicine,” she said, “let’s see how you like it when your movements aren’t your own.”

“Heh,” Kabuto said, “dear Anko. It’s going to take more than that to take me down. Or are you going to do it yourself? Lord Orochimaru would be so proud of you.”

Anko’s eyes burned with hate.

“Anko,” another voice spoke calmly, “leave him to me.” Haru stepped out from behind the trees with his dogs at his side.

Anko nodded. “Gladly,” she said and walked away without looking back.

The last thing she heard was Haru commanding his dogs to attack and Kabuto’s horrified screams.

***

The sky cracked with lightning and the heat was almost intolerable. The entire atmosphere was loaded with electricity.

The Raikage focused his energy and made a few hand seals to redirect the lightning towards Madara.

“Hyuuga!” he shouted, “out of the way!”

Hiashi, who had previously used Gentle Fists on Madara, jumped aside and the lighting hit Madara straight on.

Madara dropped to one knee, but to everyone’s surprise he started chuckling.