Chapter 43 Confrontations

This one is dedicated to HasIVA for being so suportive of all my works and especially Crow's Feathers.

Thank you :)

*************************

“Taryn-sensei! Taryn-sensei!” Daro ran up to the house, “I can do a new jutsu. Check this out…” When it stayed quiet, he knocked on the door. “Sensei?” The door slightly opened. Confused, Daro stepped inside and found the house empty. ‘That is strange,’  he thought, ‘if she had a mission, she would have said something.’ Alarms went off in his head. She wouldn’t, would she?

Observation. That was one of the first things she had taught him. And not just observing what you see, but observing what you don’t see.

Slowly he walked through the room. Everything was tidy. There was a small pile of books on the table. Her weapons were gone. Of course that could mean she was just in the training grounds if not for the fact that he had passed the grounds on his way here. And her cloak was missing.

Daro’s unease grew as he noticed a folded piece of paper on the table next to the books. He picked it up, almost afraid of what it would say and read the first line.

“I’m sorry for what I am about to do.”

‘Oh no,’  Daro gasped, ‘not again.’ He folded the note and put it in his pocket. Quickly he left the house.

***

 “There seem to be some delays,” Madara said while looking at his guests. Across from him sat Konan and Pain. It was the latter that answered.

“I had an unexpected guest.” “Hm,” Madara mused, “no wonder Jiraya was called one of the legendary ninja if even Pain had trouble with him.”

“I finished him off though,” Pain answered, “now I can get back to hunting the nine tailed fox.”

Madara slowly rose from his chair. “Konoha will be looking out for you now that you killed Jiraya,” he said while pacing the room, “the more time passes, the more chance there is of them coming up with something. Move now, before things get harder.”

“Pain is invincible,” Konan said, “he’ll get the nine tailed fox, no matter what happens.”

“There are only two tailed bests left,” Madara said, “I’ve sent Sasuke after the Eighth.”

“Can he do it?” Konan inquired.

“I can vouch for Sasuke,” Madara said.

On the other side of the room, Pain stood up. “Get ready Konan,” he said, “we’re heading for Konoha.”

***

It was painful being in the ruins again. The place where Itachi had died. She had decided to come here first, before moving to the nearest hide-out. Perhaps she could find some clue here. What would Madara want with Sasuke? It couldn’t be just about Danzou. It had to be bigger than that. Itachi had spoken of war. But why would Madara want to start a war? According to Itachi, Akatsuki strived for peace. Unless of course that had been a lie.

Taryn kneeled in the spot where Itachi had fallen and placed a hand against the ground. How long would it take for the pain to dull enough to be able to bear? ‘What is it you want me to do Itachi?’ She could never stop Madara by herself. Itachi must have realized that too. So what was all this leading to? There was one man that held the answers. But she had to be careful. If Madara found out her secret, she was in danger. Her hand moved to he stomach and she bit her lip. ‘No. He must never find out.’