Chapter 71 Legacy

We are proud to announce the birth of Ichiru Shisui Uchiha.

***

Sasuke scowled as he leaned against the wall. The house had been crowded with visitors ever since his nephew had been born.
It had been two days ago that he had heard Taryn cry out in the garden. He still wasn’t sure how she had made it to the house.

“What are you dong?” Taryn protested when he lifted her and carried her outside.
“You need a hospital,” he said in a gruff voice. 
“Since when do you c.. ah!”
“Shut up already!”

They hadn’t made it very far. A little down the road they had run into one of Taryn’s students, the annoying one with the brown hair. He was with that girl, the bakers daughter.
After getting over his initial shock, the boy had run back to the village to get help and that was when the circus had begun.
The boy’s mother had come. After that, the boy had returned with his two friends. And not long after that, Taryn’s siblings had arrived.
They boy’s mother, Daro’s mother, had chased everyone out of the room, besides Temari and Casey, and the waiting had begun.
The sounds that had come from the room had not been pleasant, but with the others around, he had feigned deafness. With his arms crossed and a scowl on is face, he had looked the other way.
Gaara had paced up and down the room.
Kankuro had been casting worried glances at the bedroom door.
Two of Taryn’s students had been glaring at Sasuke and the other one, the black-haired one, had started making everyone lunch in the kitchen.
It had taken hours before they finally hear the soft crying.

Sasuke sighed. Today it was Temari’s turn to check up on things. He didn’t like her sharp tongue. He didn’t like the hateful looks she gave him. He didn’t like her attitude. He had to bear with her, but that didn’t mean he had to socialize with her.
He pushed away from the wall and made his way to his brother’s grave, his only sanctuary in this place.
He stared at the stone, his mind miles away.
His nephew was a little baby now, but he would grow up fast. One day he would ask about his father. He wondered what he would say when the time came.

 ***

Day 15 of the Third month
First year of the great Peace
From Mai Kozaru, bird keeper of Kirigakure
To Souta Shiraki, bird keeper of Sunagakure

We would like to thank you for the new messenger birds you have sent to our village. They are swift and efficient and seem to have no trouble at all with finding their way through the fog.

We also thank you for sending your assistant to help us set up the training program. We are sure it will prove to be very effective in the future.
We are most grateful.

 *** 

“So, Daro-kun found himself a girlfriend, huh?” Tai smirked at Kuro, “what about your sensei? Did she have her baby yet?”
“Yeah,” Kuro said hesitantly, “he was born not log ago.” He was a bit intimidated by Daro’s new friend. The Mist ninja was tall and broad and assertive.
Tai smirked even wider. “That’s gonna stir things up for sure.”
“Ichiru didn’t do anything wrong,” Kuro said.
“I know that,” Tai said, “I didn’t mean anything by it. But not everyone will be happy with a new generation of Uchiha.” He grinned. “Your sensei has some guts. I like it.”
A smile tugged at the corner of Kuro’s mouth. Maybe Tai wasn’t so bad after all.
He had been nervous at first, going to the Hidden Mist village. Regardless of the truce, he was a long way from home, but his father had assure him he would be fine. He had assisted his father with the training of the hawks ever since he was a child, so he should be able to do it on his own now.
He had arrived yesterday and he would stay here for at least three weeks.
“So, can you show me to the bird watch?” Kuro asked.
“Eager to get to the job huh. Come on, this way.”