Chapter 32

I'mma tone down Luke's pervertedness by a level or two. Maybe ten.

"You ready yet?" I asked Luke as I fixed the bottom of my shirt. I had to take Luke home first, because he wanted to wear proper attire for the little football game he, Louis, and Calum were going to have. I was currently standing at the front door, waiting for Luke to come out of my room.

"Almost!" I heard him exclaim. I leaned against the door, my hands stuffed in my pockets. Calum had texted Luke that we were to meet up at noon at the park. It was eleven, but the drive to Luke's house plus the time he needs to get ready and the drive to the park was already going to take up some time.

Once he finished doing whatever he was doing he hopped over to my side and gave me a wide smile.

"Okay, I'm done," he beamed. I opened the front door and then the two of us walked out to my car.

"You should probably eat breakfast before we head to the park," I told him.

"I'm not feeling that hungry," Luke replied.

"I don't know whether you really aren't feeling hungry or you're just trying to get out of eating."

"I really am not hungry."

"Well, you should still eat something."

The rest of the ride was complete silence; not even the radio was on. I pulled up onto his driveway and then he began heading out of the car. I didn't move. I was planning on staying and waiting for him.

Luke was about to head inside when he saw that I hadn't left the car. He came back onto my side and opened the door.

"Are you not coming inside?" he asked. "It might take a while."

"Is- Is that okay?" Luke reached over to me to remove my seatbelt and then he dragged me out of the car.

"Don't worry about anything, okay? I just need to take a quick shower and then pack up my things. Then we can head out."

"What about breakfast?"

"I don't-" I gave him a pointed look and he stopped to think of something else to say. "I- yeah, I'll eat breakfast."

"You better," I muttered.

When we entered his house it was a mess. The floor was littered with jackets and other random junk. I could smell something burning from the kitchen, and there were beer cups everywhere.

"Damn it," Luke groaned. "Jack threw another party, no doubt."

Suddenly someone was trudging into the room with an icepack to his head. He looked up at Luke and grinned. I had unintentionally moved behind Luke.

"Hey, little brother," said the guy. "Looks like you brought a friend."

"Actually, he brought me here," Luke corrected. "Uh, where's-?"

"Out, fetching me some aspirin. My head is killing me."

Luke chuckled before shaking his head. "You shouldn't have drank so much."

"I didn't drink. Well, at least I don't think so. It's not, like, a throbbing in my head. It's more of somebody roundhouse kicked the side of my head."

"God, that sounds awful," Luke laughed.

"You're telling me." Luke's brother strolled over to a couch and plopped down right in it. A loud groan escaped from him and he just remained quiet, throwing an arm over his eyes while the other held the icepack.

"Um, this is Ashton," Luke spoke up.

"Nice to meet you, Ashton," his brother said, not giving a glance. "I'm Jack."