Chapter 15

Jasmine had told me that it was three thirty, so that meant sixth class ended not too long ago.

I was walking to my locker and grabbed the textbooks that I needed, which were my Econ, Stats, and Spanish books. When I closed my locker, Jasmine suddenly popped out of nowhere and I jumped, nearly yelping.

"Would you like to go get ice cream with me?" Jasmine questioned, her eyes filling up with hope. "I just thought you'd like to have ice cream."

"Sure, sounds great," I smiled. I'm a sucker for ice cream. Even my friends know that I can't resist an opportunity to get myself a good, tasty ice cream.

As we were passing the football field, I noticed that it was empty today. There were no sweaty footy players running around. I remembered that they have a game today, and since they're not here that probably meant they're playing at the rival school. Well, good, because there are certain people whom I don't want to see, specifically Mason and his group.

I pulled my keys out of my backpack as we were approaching my car. I unlocked the car door, so we could climb in. Jasmine took the passenger seat and put her bag on the floor. I climbed into the driver seat and started the car.

"Anywhere specific?" I asked Jasmine as I waited for the car to warm up.

"There's one not too far from here," she said. "I'll give you the directions." I nodded and we sat in the car in silence. I decided to turn on the radio, and Chris Brown's 'Forever' was playing.

I noticed Jasmine pull her phone out from her bag. She began texting someone.

gettin some ice cream rn said her text. I'm a nosy person. Sue me.

I put the car in reverse and drove out of the spot. I shifted it into drive and left the parking lot.

------

"Right there. That's the one."

I parallel parked in front of the ice cream parlor. Once I shut off the car Jasmine got out. She waited until I got out before she linked her arm around mine and led me to the entrance of the parlor.

When we went inside we were immediately greeted by a waitress who was shorter than I was. She looked like she was about five feet six.

"Table for two?" she chirped, a smile bright on her face. I felt Jasmine's hold around my arm tighten.

"Yeah," I answered. She nodded before collecting two menus. She took us to the back of the parlor and led us to an empty table. When I looked around I noticed the tables that were around us were filled up with a bunch of couples. Am I missing something here?

"Here are your menus," the waitress said as she handed us our menus. "My name is Jenny, by the way, and I'll be serving you two today. The couple's order is near the back."

Couple's order?

"Oh, we're not dating," I informed her. Jenny blinked at me, and then gasped.

"Oh, my God! I am so sorry! I just thought that you two were, because your arms were linked together, and- oh, my God, you two look so cute together. You should date!"

Yeah, except the problem is I'm into guys. And I already have someone I like.

I glanced over at Jasmine, who was blushing madly. She picked up her menu and hid her face behind it.

"It's kinda funny, because here we have Couple Friday, which means if a couple comes in here on a Friday, then whatever they order is on the house, as long as they finish their order."

"Oh, wow." I glanced through the menu.

"Can we just say we're dating?" I heard Jasmine say. I looked up at her. "Y-you know, just for the free ice cream. Free stuff's good!"