Chapter 34

"Ashton? Please respond. You went quiet all of a sudden," Michael begged as he poked my sides, earning no reaction from me. I'm quite ticklish, but right now I just wasn't feeling it.

Harry had his arms wrapped around me, believing that it would comfort me, but it wasn't helping at all. "Was it because of what we said?" he asked. "Did we go too far? We're sorry. Please talk."

"Luke looks worried. Don't look so glum."

He's not even paying attention to the little football game. His attention's on me.

I glanced up at Luke and saw that his eyes were concentrated on me. Fuck, why did I have to be on his mind right now?

"Hey!" Louis shouted, tossing the ball at Luke so it hit him right on the head. "Pay attention!"

I laughed a bit, because Luke seemed so confused when he looked over at Louis. His eyes briefly gazed at me, and when he saw the smile on my face he had one as well. I saw Louis pick the football up and bounced it back on Luke's head, scolding him once again.

"Aw, Ashy smiled," Michael cooed, grabbing my cheek and squeezing it hard. I swatted his hand away, shooting him a glare. "Hey, I know what'll make you smile again!" He reached into his pocket and fished out his phone. I raised an eyebrow and he shoved his phone into my hands. I stared down at it before Michael began unlocking the phone, going to his videos.

He opened up this one video and my eyebrows knitted together when I just saw a sleeping Calum.

"What the hell? How's a sleeping freshman going to make him smile?" Harry asked, pointing at the video.

"What are you ta-" Michael began, but cut himself off when he saw what was playing. "Oh, shit!" He snatched the phone from me and began sliding his thumb across the screen.

"I just have to ask," Harry started, "why the hell do you have a video of him sleeping?"

"Here, it's this one," Michael ignored Harry as he plopped his phone onto my lap. I just stared down at it.

I was in the video with Luke standing behind me. I was glaring at Michael and I looked like I was about to say something, but I was stopped when Luke's arms went around my waist. I noticed my eyebrows raised and looked anywhere but at the camera.

Luke brought his face close to my ear, whispering something, but I don't remember what he said. He pulled his head away, bringing it to the back of mine. His eyes were closed as he then did what he did.

I smiled, because I remember this.

It was the first kiss Luke gave me.

In the video he pulled away and began walking off, leaving a confused me staring at him. He called out that he was going to come over to my place and check up on me.

I watched as I turned around and I remember seeing the gaping looks on Michael and Harry's faces.

The next thing I heard was, "I'm done. I am so done. This is too much for me. Here are your keys. I'm going to detention early." Harry then appeared in the video, shoving my keys at me, and ran off.

"Wait! My phone!" I had said, reaching my arm out at him, but he was already gone. A groan escaped me as I sat down beside Michael who still had the phone aimed at me. "Stop that," I snapped at him, and then the camera started shaking vigorously.

In the video Michael had yelled out, "I GOT THAT ON VIDEO! YOU WANNA SEE?! IT'S SO CUTE!"

Then the video stopped there.

"Can you send that to me?" I heard a voice say and I jumped a bit, seeing Luke was looking down at Michael's phone.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, my eyes also catching sight of Calum and Louis. Louis looked a bit annoyed at the fact that they were here instead of out on the field. I bit my lower lip, feeling a bit guilty.