Chapter 41

"Who is here for Mr. Luke Hemmings?"

Every single one of us stood up and ran over to the doctor. She took a step back before she started to look professional again.

"How is he?" I asked as I got closer to her. "Please tell me that he's okay."

"The good thing is, I can tell you that Mr. Hemmings is perfectly fine," she said. A tension was suddenly lifted from all of us and I wanted to cry again, but only because I'm so relieved that Luke is okay.

"How did he pass out?" Calum asked.

"The reason is because of the lack of oxygen in his brain. He just has the common cold and his brain didn't get enough oxygen, which resulted in him passing out. He is sleeping right now, so I think it's best if you all come back tomorrow for him. I suggest that he stays at the hospital for a couple of days, so we can keep an eye out for him." My chest hurt from that, because I really wanted to see Luke today.

"But this guy here's his boyfriend," I heard Harry say as he placed his hands on my shoulders. "He's been in tears this entire time, waiting to hear about how his boyfriend's doing."

"I understand, but-"

"He deserves to see Luke more than anyone right now," Michael said, stepping beside me.

"I agree," Calum chimed in.

"You have to let him see Luke right now, whether he's asleep or not," I heard Louis add and I looked behind me and at him. "Please let him see Luke." The doctor seemed hesitant at first, her eyes wondering elsewhere, but she eventually nodded.

"Well, since Mr. Hemmings seems to be in a stable state and everything about him is good... Okay, but if Mr. Hemmings does not wake up by nine, then he must leave." We all nodded and I said thank you to my friends and Louis. I don't think I can consider him my friend just about yet. "Mr. Hemmings is located in room 124. Follow the signs on the walls and you'll find his room."

"Thank you so much," I said to her.

"Let me go get you your visitor's pass." I nodded and I went up to the desk. She went behind it, looked through a couple of things, and pulled out a paper wristband. I stuck my right arm out at her and she helped put the wristband on.

I heard a series of footsteps from behind and I turned around after the wristband was applied to my wrist and saw Luke's brothers making their way over my friends.

"How's Luke?" Ben asked. "We would've gotten here sooner if Jack wasn't busy showering for hours."

"I'm sorry for freshening up!" Jack retorted.

"Luke's okay," Calum explained. "He's asleep right now and the hospital's letting Ashton visit him." I turned back to the doctor and she told me that I could proceed on going to find Luke's room. I nodded and then entered the halls as she went to explain Luke's condition to his brothers.

It took about two minutes for me to finally reach the 120's and I was looking for Luke's room, repeating the room number to myself.

"124, 124, 124..." When my eyes landed on it I saw that the door was wide open. A curtain was pulled, which most likely meant Luke was there. I let out a sigh and walked into the room and peered around the curtain.

There I saw Luke, lying in the hospital bed with his eyes closed and an oxygen mask still over his face and an IV cord was in his arm. He was wearing a hospital gown and his hair was all messed up, yet he still looked good.

His chest was rising and falling and even though that proved that he was alive, he didn't look all too well and I couldn't help the tears in my eyes.