Chapter 4

My entire body felt numb. I couldn't feel anything at all, except maybe cold air. It was hard to hear what's going on with all this ringing that's going on in my ears. However, I did hear a bunch of shouting, but it sounded distant. I could only make out someone apologizing, Harry screaming, Niall sobbing, and just other random commotion. I couldn't open my eyes, though, to show my friends that I was still alive. Suddenly the voices died down and the ringing stopped, but I was still engulfed in darkness.

It felt like I was floating in midair. It was a weird feeling; it was like I was unconscious, yet at the same time I wasn't. I wanted to so badly move to show everyone that I was there mentally, but my body refused to listen to me.

In all of this darkness that surrounded me, there was a small beam of light that was displayed above me. I think I'm now in he state of unconsciousness. Whatever hit me, it hit me hard enough to put me out. I tried to reach for the light, but I found that even in this the state of my mind I cannot move. I tried everything I could to even lift a mere finger, and eventually I was no longer floating, but standing upright against some surface.

I slowly inched my way closer to the light, but it seemed to be going farther away from me. Then I was walking, and walking turned into running. The light that seemed like my only hope of me waking up was still drifting away, and I swear that I'm running the fastest that I can. Suddenly, I was catching up, and a smile slipped onto my face. When I was leaving the darkness, I felt warm for the first time since I drifted into this subconscious mind of mine. The sounds, people's voices were returning, and I could see actual light through my lids. I think my physical hand even twitched! The sounds grew louder, the light grew brighter, and I could feel my hand again. I clenched my fist to show I was awaking and I decided to concentrate on trying to open my eyes.

After what seemed like forever, I finally lifted my heavy lids. At first, everything was white, but then a ceiling began to appear in my vision. I- wait, a ceiling? Last time I checked, I was outside.

I felt something squeeze my hand, and I turned my head slightly to see who it was. I expected Harry to be holding my hand...

... But it wasn't Harry, nor was it Michael nor Niall.

"Hey, you're awake," said the person. It took me a moment to process who was holding my hand, and once I registered who it was, I nearly flipped shit and my heart was going to pound out of my chest.

It was the freaking hot blond guy, and he was in P.E. clothes!

I looked at his hair. It even looks more perfect up close. I stared into his eyes, which were a really beautiful blue, and then my eyes made their way to the ring that was hanging from his lips. Then I gazed at his face, and he was illegally, beautifully perfect. More perfect than when I saw him from afar. I unintentionally licked my lips, and then a thought struck me.

This hot guy that I've been crushing on since I laid eyes on him is in the same room as I am, and we're alone!

"You okay? You're heating up." Oh, shit, his voice is deep and sexy as fuck. I think my nonexistent ovaries just exploded.

I immediately shot up from what seems like a bed, but I stopped moving when my head started throbbing. I mumbled multiple 'ows' as the blond guy helped me lie back down on the bed.

"Whoa, take it easy. You just got hit by a football in the head. Don't hurt yourself." I looked at him. God, he's so fucking cute!

Calm down, Ashton. Don't get too excited.

"W-where are my friends?" I asked him.

"They're waiting outside. Oh, by the way, you're in the nurse's office."