Chapter 13

I got to school at seven in the morning. I don't even have much homework to work on. Don't ask why I'm here at such an early time.

Well, okay, one of the reasons is because I wanted to get the best parking spot, and by best I mean the spot closest to the school. Walking just isn't for me, but what choice do I have?

I want to fly. That must be pretty cool. Does it take up too much stamina? Who cares? I want to be the new Peter Pan.

I was sitting at my usual lunch table. I was probably the only one who's in the area. Everyone else must be sleeping, getting ready (applies to girls mostly, because of their makeup), or in class.

Zero period is probably the stupidest thing ever, in my opinion. Why does it exist?

My arms were folded on top of my backpack that was laying on the table. I rested my cheek against my arms, my eyes closed. I was starting to fall asleep before I felt my backpack being pulled from beneath me, and I jolted awake. I looked around and saw Zayn holding my backpack and Liam standing next to him.

"A gentle shake would've sufficed, Malik," I groaned. I noticed that students were piling the area. I rubbed sleep from my eyes. "What time is it?"

"Twenty after seven," Liam answered, sliding in the seat across from me. Zayn took the one beside me and handed me my backpack. "Long night?"

"Sure, let's go with that."

"Did you get some?" Zayn asked.

"Zayn, it's too soon for that. Give them a few days."

I was too tired to smack these two. I don't have the energy to move.

Then something prodded my sides pretty hard and I sprung up from my seat and squealed. I sunk low into my seat and slapped a hand over my mouth as eyes turned my way. I turned my head and saw Michael show up with a breakfast pizza.

This boy's pizza happy, I tell you.

"Morning, friends," he greeted, sitting on the other side of me. Niall showed up moments later and sat beside Liam. He had a doughnut in his hand. "Anything new?"

"Haz lied to me yesterday," I groaned as I rolled my eyes.

"What'd he do?"

"He made me and Luke run out to buy snacks, because he told me he ate all of the snacks, and when I come back, my snack cabinet was full!"

"So he did you a favor."

"Yes and no."

"Why's that?"

"For one, I almost died, but Luke saved my life. Prevented me from passing out again. Not going into detail." I saw Niall pull out a five dollar bill and hand that to me. I smirked, "I got the snacks for free." Niall's jaw dropped as he tried to snatch the money from me, but I managed to put it in my pocket before he could even grab it. Niall pouted and continued eating his doughnut.

"Where's Harry?" Zayn asked.

"Hell should I know. He's probably sleeping as we speak.

"Or not," Liam spoke up as he looked behind me. When I turned Harry was walking over to us with a bagel and cream cheese in his hand.

"You're early today," Michael chirped. "Anything special happening?"

"I'm just excited about the concert!" Harry exclaimed, pumping a fist into the air. "Can't wait!"

"It's twelve hours away," I reminded him. "Wait, does this have to do with this Louis guy?"

Harry nodded eagerly and squeezed in between me and Zayn, causing the raven-haired guy to frown and move to the other side.