Chapter 16

"Ashton! Where've you been?" Niall exclaimed as he ran over to me and took me into a hug. Harry and I met up with the guys behind the stage they were performing on. "We waited by your locker, but you never showed up! We had to leave without you, and I didn't like that at all!"

"He was kidnapped," Harry spoke up. Niall pulled away, and then pulled me into a tighter hug, squeezing the air out of me.

"Nobody's taking Ashy away from us again! Nobody!" I tried my best to suck in some air and then I patted Niall's back.

"I think you're killing him," Zayn said, placing a hand on Niall's shoulder. The Irish boy pulled away, apologizing. I looked over at Liam, who was dozed off in his own world. He was staring down at the ground, and it looked like he was mumbling to himself. "So, what happened?"

"I wouldn't go as far as calling it a kidnapping," I began. "It's just these guys on the football team locked me up in the Biology closet. I was in there all the way until sixth period ended." Niall's eyes widened.

"How long were you in there?" I shrugged.

"I guess since lunch?"

"How could you stay in such a small space for such a long time?! That's torture! My poor Ashy!" Harry pulled me backwards and wrapped his arms around me.

"Ashy's mine," he said. "Go cuddle with Liam or Zayn or Michael."

"Actually, Ashton belongs to Luke. Where is Michael?"

"I don't belong to anyone," I mumbled, but no one seemed to have heard me.

"I guess he's with his date. Oh, and you will not believe whom Ashton's attending the concert with."

"It's Luke, isn't it?" Niall guessed. I shook my head and his eyebrows went up.

"This chick name Jasmine." Liam suddenly looked up at us.

"Wait, Jasmine Dorhauer?" he asked.

"Yeah," I answered. "You know her?"

"Know her? Ha!" He walked over to me. "Just keep your eyes open, all right? Don't let your guard down around her at all."

I didn't know what he meant, but I nodded anyway.

Then Liam looked to the others. "Let's go practice a bit." And they all left, except for Niall.

"What happened to Luke?" he asked. "I thought you two would go together."

"He has someone else he's going with," I shrugged. "Although, he did say that he'd love to go with me, but he was already going with someone else. It's no big deal." That last part was only a little true. Who cares if he goes to the concert with some hot blonde girl? Someone who's more suited for Luke? Someone who's female?

Apparently, I do.

Niall just nodded before taking a step back. "Hey, the lads and I are throwing a post-concert party. Anyone who has a backstage passes can come. Are you going?"

I thought for a moment before answering. "Yeah, I'll go."

"Great. See ya then." He then ran off to join the others who were calling him to hurry up.

When no one was looking I took a step onto the stage and looked out. There were seats everywhere. The park was pretty big, and the park was even closed to the public for this event. I think Harry mentioned once that tickets are sold at the front, but it'll cause extra.

There were already people coming in to fill up seats. This is, I believe, One Direction's first performance, yet already a lot of people got themselves a ticket for it. If all goes well, then maybe the band will be able to play at those big arenas, like the O2 arena or Madison Square Garden. Maybe a football stadium. I'd go to all their concerts and support them all the way.