Chapter 12

"Ash? Ashton? Ashton...? AshtonAshtonAshton-AH! ASHTON! OW!"

I charged right at Harry and just tackled him to the ground while he was trying to ask me what was wrong. I'm currently jabbing his sides and had the curly haired Brit writhing beneath, trying to get out of my hold.

This guy, really, set me up!

"Get off! You're hurting me!"

"You lied to me!" I yelled as I continued prodding his sides.

He squirmed and let out a cry, "Luke! Get Ash off of me!"

Luke chuckled and then I was pulled off of Harry, yelling, "Let me at 'im!"

"Calm down, Ash," Luke soothed. "Whatever he did wasn't probably worth attacking him."

You're only saying that because you don't know what he did.

Harry jumped onto his feet and dusted himself off, backing as far away from me as possible.

"Why'd you stop him?" Everyone turned to Niall who was looking at Luke. "It was getting good!"

"Oh, speaking of stop," Liam began as he stood up from where he was sitting on the ground, "we really need to head out to practice for tomorrow night's concert. Let's go, lads." Niall and Harry collected all of my snacks, but I got out of Luke's arms and grabbed the two by their shirt collars.

"The food stays," I ordered. They both gave me a pouting look, but I wasn't going to take any of it.

"Why?" they both whined in unison.

"You," I pointed at Harry, "lied to me. Plus, I bought these." No, I didn't, but I'm not going to tell them that. "Either you guys leave them here, or pay me back with cash or a new cellphone."

"But the manager said-" I slapped a hand over Luke's mouth before he could continue. Harry and Niall glanced at each other, and then back at me.

"Can we at least keep the goldfish crackers?" Niall asked, trying to sound like a little boy. For someone who's older than I, he really can't act like his age.

I sighed, "Whatever. Take it." The two idiots cheered and high-fived each other before setting down the other snacks and running out to Liam. Zayn walked over to the bag of oreos, snatched two cookies, and then made his way out.

"See ya tomorrow, Ash. You too, Luke." Zayn winked at me, like he was telling me something. I didn't catch what he was trying to say though.

I followed the guys until I got to the front door so I could close it when they leave. I turned on my heels, but was greeted by Luke who wasn't even ten centimeters away from me.

"It's okay if I stay a bit longer, right?" Luke asked. "I mean, I want to make sure you're okay."

I laughed, "You're such a worrywart."

He frowned, "I'm just looking out for the ones I care about."

The smile that was on my face slipped away. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, but I can't help but think that this might all be an act. If he really is gone after his time with me is up, then my suspicions of him only acting like this will be confirmed.

"Ashton!" Lauren and Harry ran right at me and wrapped their smaller arms around me.

"What's for dinner?" asked Lauren.

"Is Harry not cooking again this time?" Harry questioned as his eyes scanned around the place and found that the curly Brit was not here.

"I'll get dinner started. Run along, you two."