Chapter 11

"Sorry, Mr. Irwin, but no one has dropped a phone off today," the lady at the front desk said. "But if you give me your ID then I will notify you if anyone brings a phone in."

I groaned, scribbling down my student number on a clipboard, and left the office with Michael, hanging my head low.

"It's okay, the phone wasn't that great," Michael said, placing a hand on my back.

"Still," I muttered. "What if someone took it?"

"It'll come back to you. You know what they say, if you love something, let it go. If it was truly yours, it'd come back to you."

I glared at Michael, and I saw that he was dead serious about what he said.

"You and Harry both are dorks, but I guess that's what makes you you, no matter how weird you two are."

Michael smiled before patting my shoulder.

"Hey, I'm gonna go head on out. See you later!" He handed me my Stats book that I didn't even realize he had, and then ran off, leaving me alone in front of the office.

I began making my way to Stats class. Once I got there I pressed my back against the wall next to the door where it doesn't swing open and hit you in the face. I didn't have any source to tell the time, so I peered into the classroom to see if I could catch the clock.

The classroom was empty. Not even the substitute teacher was in there. I saw the clock at the back of the class, and it read fifteen after three.

Just another five minutes.

I stuffed my Stats book into my backpack, because I really didn't feel like looking at it.

So while I'm sitting here being a loser my mind kept drifting to Luke.

First he hugs this girl named Aleisha, then he kisses my injured spot because kisses heal? Seriously, who believes that?

It's impossible to figure out what Luke's thinking of. I mean, when he was a bit drowsy he was talking about Aleisha, but then he starts showing some sorts of... what's that word? I don't know, but you get the picture.

The bell finally rings and people start to pile into the hallways. I scanned through the chaos to find Ben. I tried to keep myself close to the wall so I wouldn't be in anyone's way. Yet, no matter how close I was to the wall people still managed to bump into me. Then someone actually made me fall over, but I was caught in someone's arms. I looked up at the person.

"Careful. Wouldn't want to hurt that head of yours. You need that for later." I didn't say anything as he helped me stand up. We waited until the hallways cleared up before we began to make our way to the student parking lot.

"So, how well are you in Stats?" I asked him, because if I'm going to trust him with helping me keep my grade up I need to know if he at least understands it.

He shrugged, "I'm pretty good at it. Then again, I did take a summer class for Stats so I'd be prepared, so you can count on me."

"You better be good, because I refuse to fail this class." He laughed, but I was dead serious.

We passed the football field and walked over to my car. I opened it up and threw my stuff in the backseat. Ben did the same before climbing into the passenger seat. I started the car and reached into my pocket for my phone that I didn't have.

I forgot I lost my phone. It doesn't feel right. I feel so incomplete without it.

I've never lost my phone before. I'm usually so careful, but lately I've a bit careless. First, I get hit in the head. Then, I fall asleep in the car and didn't wake up until the following morning. Now, I lose my phone.