Chapter 10

Luke left not even fifteen minutes into lunch, and he hasn't returned since. Most likely with that blond girl, no doubt. Every few seconds I'd turn around to see if he had return, but he was still MIA, and so was that girl.

It made my blood boil at the thought that those two were alone. It shouldn't, but it does.

"You all right?" I glanced over at Harry, who pulled himself out of the conversation without the other lads noticing. "You keep looking around, like you're looking for someone."

"Oh, I keep hearing someone call my name," I lied. Truth is, I really wanted to see if Luke had come back and was NOT alone with the blonde. Every time I turned around I hoped to see him sitting next to his friend, but the table would still be missing Luke and the girl.

Lunch ended a half hour later, and there was still no sign of Luke or the girl. I was kind of curious as to what their relationship was. Hell, I don't even know what the relationship is between me and Luke; it's most likely injured and caretaker. Actually, it is that.

I told Harry and Michael that I'd see them after school. Harry was calling me to come back, but I was already hurrying to my fifth class. Whatever he needed to tell me can wait until after class.

I had to get to class so I could talk to Luke's friend. I wanted to know if he knew where Luke went and, maybe, what he was doing with the blond girl.

I reached Art and saw that there were only some students there. I took my seat and set my stuff down on my desk. If I had my phone I would have some sort of entertainment until the brunet shows up. So what I did was closed my eyes and used my backpack as a pillow.

Each time the door swung open, my eyes darted to it to see if it was the brunet, but it'd just be someone else. Disappointment would wash over my face and I'd rest my head again.

After many students later I gave up. I didn't feel like looking up, because I was feeling a bit exhausted. When I heard the warning bell ring, someone tapped on my shoulder. I opened an eye just a bit to see who it was.

"Hey, um, you're Ashton, right?" I sat upright a bit too quickly.

Finally, the brunet guy!

"Yeah, that's me," I answered, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"And you're the guy that... Luke hit in the head, right?" I nodded. "Are you okay? You passed out right away once the ball made contact with your head."

I brought my hand to the back of my head, grazing over the bump as gently as possible so it wouldn't start to hurt.

"It's okay now," I told him. "Hurts when I apply pressure."

"Listen, I'm sorry about what happened yesterday."

"You don't need to apologize. You didn't do anything," I chuckled, removing my hand from the bump.

"Right." He stuck his hand out towards me. "Well, I'm Calum. I've known Luke since we were little, and we've been best friends ever since. Does he talk about me? He better, or else."

"Sure, he talks about you a lot," I told him, even though the only time he ever mentioned Calum was when he was telling me who his best friend was.

"Well, just so you don't think I'm a creep for knowing your name, Luke told me your name. He's been talking about you all morning."

Calum better have a phone on him right now, because I'm just about ready to pass out from happiness.

"R-really?" was all I could say.

He nodded, "Yeah, he told me how he went over to your place and you two hung out with some of your friends. Honestly, for someone who he just met by a football to the head, you seem pretty close to him already."