Chapter 9

"Shitshitshitshitshit- fuckfuckfuckFUCK!" I cursed as I entered my room from the restroom as I lazily ran my fingers through my hair. I ran around my room, trying to locate my backpack. "Oh, my God. Haz! Where's my backpack?!"

Harry was just waking up from sleeping soundly on the mattress that was on the floor. He opened one eye at me. "At your door," he groggily answered. I rushed over to here my backpack was supposed to be and began throwing it on my shoulder. Then I heard a loud snore come from Harry followed by his laughing.

"STOP LAUGHING AND WAKE UP! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" I scolded as I threw a sock I found on the ground and it landed on his face. He was lucky it was clean, or else he would've died from the horrid smell.

He sat upright and tossed the sock aside. He looked around the room. "What time is it?"

"Late! You got only thirty minutes to get ready!" However, he didn't seem too worried about the fact that school starts in a half hour. He simply got up and went to the restroom. I, on the other hand, am freaking out so much that my head might explode.

So here's what happened: I woke up and I found that I was in my room, but I didn't have a single memory of me getting out of the car last night and walking into my room. I assumed that Harry must have carried me into the house. Even the bracelets that I wear every day were removed and on the table beside me. I saw that he was sleeping on the mattress next to my bed, and then my eyes landed on the clock, and it was twenty minutes after seven! I didn't even shower last night, so I had to change out of my yesterday's clothing and dress into new attire, which was a pair of black skinny jeans and a tank top with a Captain America logo on it. I grabbed my bracelets off of the table and slipped them onto my wrists.

Just for the record, I changed into new and clean boxers as well.

Once I felt like I was cleaned up to the best of my ability right now I scurried downstairs and saw a note on the kitchen island. I walked over to it and picked it up.

Ashton,
You were still sleeping, so we asked Ms. Lena from across the street to take us to school. 
-Harry and Lauren x

"Why didn't they wake me up then?" I groaned. I shook my head and began pulling out two pieces of bread from their bag. I went over to the fridge and took the butter out, then to the drawer where the knife is located, and started spreading the butter onto the bread.

I held one of the pieces in my mouth and left the other one for Harry. He usually eats school breakfast, but I doubt he's going to be able to make it on time.

Today was already a bad day. Not only did I not wake up early enough for me to study for Stats and do some homework, but I woke up late. This is the first time that I slept in since before I started high school. But in my defense, my mom thought that I was sick, and then a quarter before school started she decided that I was okay enough to go to school.

I grabbed my keys off of where it was hanging on the wall, ran out to the car, and dumped my backpack into the backseat. I turned on the engine and waited for the car to warm up. Also, I'm waiting for Harry to hurry up, because now we only have twenty minutes to get to class, and it's about a ten minute drive to school.

He appeared at the front door a minute later, locking the door from the inside as he made his way to the car. He had the buttery bread in between his teeth. He climbed into the passenger seat, and I started to drive off to school.

I took the bread out of my mouth. "Why didn't you wake me last night?" I asked him, sternly. "Actually, no. Why didn't you set the alarm?"

"I didn't wake you, because of the same reason you didn't want to wake Luke. And I forgot to."