Chapter 14

I told Ben that I didn't need tutoring today, because thanks to yesterday's tutoring at my place, I actually understood the lesson! And I'm awarding myself by cancelling the tutoring session with Ben. He was cool with it. He said we'll resume with the tutoring on Monday.

It's lunch and I was sitting at the usual table. Calum, Luke, and Aleisha were just a table away. Luke and Aleisha were laughing with each other. It really bothered me.

I wish that I asked Luke sooner. Then he'd be going to the concert with me. But not everyone can have what they want, and apparently what I can't have is Luke.

Liam and Niall walked towards the table and sat across from me. Niall had a chicken burger on his tray and Liam had a caesar salad.

"So, about Harry..." Liam began as he poured dressing over his lunch.

I shook my head. "I can only say that he's upset about Louis's withdrawal."

"We know that already," Niall said. "Tell more. He wouldn't open his mouth."

"He'll tell you guys soon. Just be patient."

Just then Michael and Zayn came by. Michael's lunch was spaghetti and Zayn had pizza. They both took seats on either side of me.

I raised an eyebrow as Michael passed the spaghetti to me. "It's already weird that you didn't get pizza, but now you're giving your spaghetti to me?"

"Harry's wish," he shrugged. "He said he wouldn't be here at lunch and asked if I could get you spaghetti. As much as I didn't want to, he gave me a puppy dog pout. And now I'm going to starve."

I blinked at the spaghetti, and then at Michael. "I could've gotten my own lunch."

"He thought you'd be studying."

"Did Harry at least tell you where he'd be?"

Michael shook his head.

"He left during maths," Zayn spoke up, picking up his milk carton and drinking out of it. "He was called up to the office and was told to bring his stuff." Zayn passed his pizza to Michael. "You need this way more than I do."

"Thank you! You are my new god!" Michael clasped his hands together and bowed.

"Do you think the fact that Harry said he wouldn't be here and that he left are linked together somehow?" I asked.

Zayn shook his head. "He looked really confused. I asked if he knew why he's leaving and he said he didn't. He doesn't remember getting into any trouble, either."

I frowned. "Can one of you text him?"

"Did," Liam said as he looked up from his phone. "There's no response."

"It's too early in the school year to deal with Harry drama," I groaned. I rested my head against the table and just played with the spaghetti with the fork that was just stabbed inside it.

"Not to mention his birthday's tomorrow," Niall mumbled. I shot up.

"Oh, my God! How could I forget?! We need to plan something for him!"

"We already are," Michael said. "We forgot to tell you."

"Okay, I'm not even going to be mad at you guys for leaving me out. So, what's happening?"

"The plan is, we're going to surprise Harry by coming over to his place. His mum and sister are in this as well."

"We have a really great birthday present for him," Zayn began, "but it may not be so great anymore."