Chapter 17

AN: Oh, dear... this chapter...

I fucking love you guys, by the way. So. Fucking. Much.

By the time I had gotten back Michael and Geordie were gone. Jasmine was sitting patiently in her seat. I cleared my throat and she turned to my direction. She stood up and walked over to me.

"Let's just walk," she said. I nodded.

No matter how hard I tried to enjoy my time with Jasmine, I just couldn't do it. My mind would always wander off to Luke. Sometimes- no, most of the time, I didn't even hear what Jasmine's saying.

"Ashton?" A finger prodded my side and I squirmed. I looked over at Jasmine who was staring up at me. "Are you okay?"

"Peachy," I answered, however I'm way far from that.

She bit her bottom lip and looked down at the ground between us. "Can we go somewhere private?"

I didn't even think. I just said sure. She grabbed hold of my hand and began leading me somewhere. I didn't care at this point on what's going to happen anymore. She could kill me right on the spot and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

I wasn't even paying attention to where we were. She just took me to someplace behind a building where you can barely see other people.

"I want to ask you something," she began as I pressed my back against the brick wall. I shoved my hands into my pockets and let out a sigh.

"What?" I asked, not bothering to look at her.

"I know we only met yesterday, but... we are friends, right?"

"Yeah." Jasmine better get to the point already, because I need to explode at Harry about what happened between me and Luke. If I don't tell someone soon I might go insane.

"Okay, just wanted to make sure, because, well, we just met."

"I figured that out."

"Right. So, do you think we can hang out more often and get to know each other? Like, just the two of us." I took her suggestion to thought. That may not be such a bad idea.

"Yeah, okay. We can hang out more." She flashed a smile.

"Really?"

"Yeah. We can start on Monday."

"Is tomorrow not good?" she asked, her voice going quiet.

"No. It's my best friend's birthday tomorrow, so I'm going to celebrate with him."

"Oh..." I just nodded, not knowing what to say. "Ashton, you know, I really li-"

"There you are, Ashton! I finally found you!" I turned to the direction of the voice.

"Liam?" I questioned, but he threw his arm over my shoulder and ruffled my hair. "Knock it off!" I began smacking him with my hands to get him to stop.

Liam stopped messing with my hair and he glanced at Jasmine. "Oh, were you two busy?"

"Actually, we-"

"Good. I'll be stealing Ashton here. If you'll excuse us." He dragged me away, leaving Jasmine staring at us, dumbstruck.

Liam just dragged me around a corner before releasing me. I pushed him off and brushed my hands over my shirt.

"What was that for, mate?!" I yelled.

"I told you to keep an eye out," he said, his voice gone cold.

I gulped, "She wasn't doing anything. She just wanted to tell me something."

"Exactly. She asked if you two could hang out, didn't she?"