Chapter 8 - I wanna feel weightless, and that should be enough.

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 8 - I wanna feel weightless, and that should be enough.

The next morning I woke up with a killer headache and was in my own bed. All I remember was partying and drinking and then getting screamed at by Alex. But I was on the beach when he screamed at me. How did I get in here? I didn't let it bother me. Jack was taking me to get my piercings and tattoo today. I jumped out of bed happily and took a long, hot shower. I felt horrible. After my shower, I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a floral tight button up strapless shirt. I wore black Vans and had my hair straightened. As i was doing my makeup, I heard the door to my room open. Alex. "Uh, hey Alice." Alex said looking down at his feet. "Hi Alex." I said sharply, still angry at him for giving me such a rough time last night. It was his fault I started drinking anyways. It's his fault that he makes up excuses why we can't be together. It's his fault that I'm sad. "I'm really sorry about yelling at you yesterday… I didn't want to be mean, but I was just so worried… I'm so sorry." Alex said from behind me. I turned around from the mirror to look at him. His eyes had a hint of pain in them. I suddenly felt guilty. "It's okay. It's not your fault, really. It's mine. It was my first time drinking and I guess I didn't know what would happen…" I said looking at him, eyes cold. "But, I'm still sorry for yelling at you." Alex said again, pleadingly. "It's okay Alex, really." I said smiling at him. "Thank you." he breaths out. "Uh, Jack is waiting for you in the car, by the way." Alex said before leaving the room. "Oh, thanks Alex." i say smiling at him. After he left the room, I noticed that I still hadn't stopped smiling. 

In the car with Jack was fun. We listened to music and screamed at the top of our lungs to Call Me Maybe. But in the middle of the car ride he said something that caught me off guard. "So, what's going on with you and Alex?" I whipped my head towards him and my face began to burn with embarrassment. "What do you mean?" I ask him. "Oh, please. You two are so in love with each other it's not even funny." Jack laughs. "But, I really don't care if you guys are together. As long as he doesn't hurt my little sister, it's all good!" Jack said right when we pulled into a parking spot at the tattoo parlour. 

"Okay, so what tattoo do you want?" Jack asked me. "The infinite sign on my wrist." i say, already wanting that tattoo ever since I was a kid. "You sure, Alice? Remember this is permanent." Jack said to me, putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "Yes, Jacky, I'm sure." I say before going over to sit down and get my tattoo. After I got my tattoo and hip piercings, I asked Jack to take me to some vintage stores. "Let me see the tattoo!" Jack said while walking down the street with all the vintage stores. "Careful!" I say laughing and extending my arm to show him the tattoo. "I actually really like it." Jack said to me smiling. "Jack, has anything ever happened to Alex with like, a family member?" I asked Jack. Maybe this is why he was acting so weird. "Yeah, when Alex was 12 he found his brother dead." Jack said seriously. "What?!" I asked him. "Yeah. He commit suicide. It was really sad. He never got over that, but then again I don't think you ever can get over something like that." Jack said taking my hand and dragging me into a vintage stores. After my vintage shopping, I put my bags in Jack's car and then we walked to a CD store. I picked up some CD's and so did Jack. We were finally on our way back to the beach house. 

"We're home!" Jack screamed through the house. "Welcome back." Alex said walking in the house, soaking wet with a surf board. "You surf?" I ask him. "Yeah." Alex told me. "Could you teach me? Like, after my tattoo heals and stuff." I ask him. "Sure. When does your tattoo heal?" he asked. "Since it's small, it'll heal in a few days." I told him. "Sure thing. Did the hip piercings hurt?" Alex asked me. "No, not really." I told him. "Cool. I'm just gonna go clean up, and then we could all go out for lunch or something." Alex said to me. "Okay, cool." I say smiling. Alex walked away, and after he was out of earshot, Jack punched my arm and said, "YOU LIKE ALEX, YOU LIKE ALEX! ALEX LIKES YOU, ALEX LIKES YOU!" I mouthed shut up, and then I ran to my room to write another song, a smile plastered on my face.