Chapter 7 - Too Much

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 7 - Too Much

After my kiss with Alex, it felt as if my whole world has spun upside down, around and then thrown in the ocean. Alex was confusing me. He hid his emotions almost all the time, he never looked me in the eye again, he never wanted to me in the same room as me and he never wanted to be with me alone. I was starting to become sad because I'm in love with this guy and he's making it seem like he wants absolutely nothing to do with me. Just when I started getting used to Alex not ignoring me, something in our room caught my eye. I was just casually playing my guitar in the room I share with Alex, that he doesn't even sleep in anymore, I saw a ring out of the corner of my eye. I ignored it at first, and continued writing my depressing song about losing the boy you're in love with. It caught my eye again, but this time for a different reason. I saw the symbol that was on the ring. It was the infinite ring that I saw at the jewelry store back home! The one Alex saw me looking at… Why would Alex have that ring? I was going to take it and wear it around, hoping it'd catch his eye. But then I thought that maybe that will get him angry. Maybe it was for another girl, and not even me. I decided that I will confront him about it, and just hand him the ring as if he left it there by accident. "Alice, come on we're going out for dinner!" called my mom. I sighed and got up to change out of my sweat pants. I changed into a short, high wasted tribal print skirt with a cropped blank tank top that zipped all the way up. I slipped on some black strapped wedges and curled my hair a little bit. Tomorrow, Jack promised me he'd take me to get my first tattoo and my hip piercings. I walked out of my room and stumbled into someone. "Oh, I'm sorry." I said, while looking up to see who it was. Alex. "Uh, sorry Alex." I say awkwardly. He doesn't say anything, he just pushes past me into our room. I slowly walk in after him, standing there awkwardly. "What?" he says sharply. I felt a pang of regret and was about to walk out, until he said "No, I'm sorry Alice. Come back, I didn't mean it to come out that harsh. I'm sorry." Alex said with sympathy in his eyes. I opened my mouth to talk, but then I suddenly lost my voice. My throat tightened, and I got the strange tingly feeling in my eyes like I was about to cry. "Alice, are you alright?" Alex asked rushing over towards me. He slowly put his hand on my shoulder and I started breathing again. "I, Uh, I found your ring on the desk.. I thought you might want it." I tell him, handing him the ring. Alex looked shocked. "Uh, no, keep it." Alex says to me awkwardly, smiling a little bit. "Thanks, Alex." I say smiling at him. He replies by smiling and nodding in my direction. He walked out of his room and I trailed behind him quietly, not uttering a word as I slipped on the infinite ring that Alexander William Gaskarth just gave to me. 

After dinner was over, my parents sent me, Jack and Alex to go off walking on the pier. There was a party there, so I thought it might be fun, since it was on the beach. In the middle of the party, I began to get tired so I asked Jack to bring me home. He said that he still wanted to stay and to ask Alex. I tried finding Alex, but I failed miserably. Instead, I ended up at the bar getting wasted out of my mind. I probably shouldn't have, considering that it was my first time drinking. By the end of the night, I was partying around and grinding with guys in just my bra. At one point, i fell to the floor laughing and everyone kind of just stared at me. "Oh, I'm glad you liked the entertainment part of your night folks! But now we have to go. Have a nice evening!" I hear someone scream. I looked up to see Alex standing over me, looking at me with rage in his eyes. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. We had to walk back to the beach house, which took us an hour. When we got there, I was sober. "What the fuck where you thinking?!" Alex screamed at me. I looked down like a little girl who just got in trouble for stealing the last cookie. "Seriously, Alice! You were so drunk! You could've got raped, or kidnapped or something because you were so incoherent of your surroundings! Damn it, you are so lucky that I got you in time!" Alex screamed at me. Tears began welling in my eyes, and soon I couldn't take it anymore. I puked. Right there. Then I fell to my knees and started crying. Alex muttered a few swear words before leaving me there, crying on the beach. This was all beginning to be too much.