Chapter 17 - Ours

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 17 - Ours

After me and Alex for back from Vegas, we decided to wait until we wanted to tell everyone about us being married. Today, was me and my parents wedding. Again. They wanted to do a quick wedding, so they had gone to city hall and then we would have a big party in the backyard which was decorated by yours truly. I was my mom's maid of honour and I wore a long light pink dress with a silver sparkly flower at the shoulder. Jack was my dad's best man, and All Time Low was going to preform. I was so excited. The party was going great until I noticed who was there. Lisa. We hadn't seen her in awhile, and she didn't know Alex and I were married. Well, no one knew we were married but still. I didn't want to have to tell her. "Hi, I would like to say something," I heard Lisa say from the stage. I quickly ran over to Alex and he protectively rapped his arm around my waist. "I'm Lisa, and I dated Alex about three years back. I never told anyone this, it's always been my little secret but, I had a baby in those three years. I don't know where she went, yes it's a girl, but she's three years old. She's out in the world somewhere. I'm sorry you all had to find out like this." Lisa said, making a fake crying sound before leaving the stage. I was shocked. "Alex?" I asked. He didn't say anything. "Alex, is this true?" I asked again. "I… I don't know. She never told me." He said still in a state of shock. "Alex?" Jack said making his way threw the crowd to his best friend. "I don't know. She never told me anything." Alex said with tears forming in his eyes. "Lisa! How could you not tell me this?! Why would you give our daughter up for adoption without telling me?! I could've taken care of her! If you didn't want her, I would've taken her!" Alex screamed at her and she continued "crying". "I didn't think you'd want her." Lisa said sniffling. "Even if I didn't, don't you think I'd still want to know that I fathered a child!? I'm a father, Lisa! Have you ever thought of that!?" He screamed again, crying now. "Alex, calm down." I said placing a hand on his shoulder. "Me and wife are going to go find that baby-" Alex started but Jack cut him short. "Your wife?" Jack asked him. "Oh my God." Alex said. "What is going on here?!" My parents asked me and Alex. "It's time." I told Alex. He nodded his head in agreement. "Last week, me and Alice got married in Las Vegas." There was a loud gasp from the crowd. "Without telling anyone?!" Jack screamed. "I'm sorry." Alex and I both said in unison. "Alice?" My mother said with tears forming in her eyes. "I'm sorry." I whispered again. "And what's this with Lisa?!" My father said. Lisa had already left. She got what she wanted. "Lisa had a baby three years ago and I'm the father." Alex said threw gritted teeth. "I'm so confused!" My mom said. "Me too." I whispered. "Alice, Alex, just go home. You've caused enough." My mom said. "But, mom!" I protested. "No, Alice. Leave." She ordered. I cried and Alex took my hand and led us to his car. 

Alex and I both sat in his car in silence in front of our building. "What are you going to do about the baby?" I asked him. "I'm going to find the kid. It's mine." Alex said refusing to look at me. "Babe. Alex, look at me." I said grabbing his face in my hands and making him look me in the eyes. Tears throated to spill out. "We'll find this baby, and we'll take care of it. And if Lisa doesn't want it then that's too bad." I said. He nodded and pulled me in for a hug. "But… I don't think I want to keep her. If she's Lisa's, I don't want her. The only baby I want to raise is yours. I want you to be the mother." Alex said. I thought for a moment. "I understand, Alex. But you still need to find this baby. I know what it feels like to live life without a mother. She's been living her life for three years without either of her parents. We need to find her. Not for us, but for her. I want this baby to have a good life and be raised right. Even if she's not mine." I told him. "But I don't want her to have to go back and forth between me and Lisa." Alex told me. "She won't. Lisa doesn't want anything to do with her. She'll know that that is her real mother, but I'll raise her. And then when we start our own family, we'll treat her just the same as our family, okay?" I told Alex. He nodded again contently, and then carried me back into our apartment. He brought me to our bedroom, and lay me on the bed. He slipped me out of my dress and he showed me truly how much he loved me.