Chapter 3 - That Girl

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 3 - That Girl

*Alex's POV*

Jack's little sister Alice is just perfect. I can't tell Alice that though, of course. He'd never talk to me again. Scratch that, he'd bury me alive. But I can't deny my feelings for her. Yesterday was at the bowling alley was so close. Rian almost caught us holding hands. Well, I held her hand… I don't even know if she likes me back. I think I can see it in her eyes, but then again I don't know. Maybe she just has that look in her eyes all the time. Hopefully she'll show up to band practice tonight at her house. Then I can see her again and maybe apologize for yesterday. She loved Remembering Sunday. That means tonight, I'll be singing Remembering Sunday as loud as I can. I was dying for her attention. That night after the bowling alley, I want to sleep with her fresh in my mind and had a dream about her. We got married and had 4 kids. It was the best dream I've ever had. 

*Alice's POV*

After I got in the house I ran straight to my room and started freaking out over Alex. Did I like him. Of course I did! But no one can know. It's just going to be a small crush. I doubt he likes me back, anyways. I changed into my pyjama's and went to sleep that night thinking about Alex. 

The next morning, when I woke up the first thing I thought of was Alex. Usually in Florida on the first day of summer me and my friends would go to the country club. But today it looks like I'll just have to settle for the backyard. I changed into a strapless floral bathing suit which was black and pink. I grabbed my flip flops and sunglasses and went outside. I put on my sunscreen, and lay down on one of the lawn chairs by our family's pool. It hadn't even been 5 minutes and I heard Jack scream, "ALICE!" and he came to sit beside me. "Hi Jack, what's up?" I asked him. "The usual, waiting for Alex to get his lazy butt over here." I jumped at the name. "Alex is coming over today?" I asked him. "Yeah, he comes over almost everyday. He's staying the day and then tonight the rest of the guys are coming over for band practice." This was not happening. "Oh." I said not knowing what else to say. "I'll tell Alex to bring his bathing suit since we're going swimming." Jack said jumping up to grab his cell phone. I grabbed my iPhone and called my best friend back home in Florida. The phone rung until she finally picked up. "Hello?" I heard her groggy voice from the other line. "Jenny! Thank gosh you picked up." I said whispering into the phone. "Can this wait? I'm still half asleep." She said sounding annoyed. "NO! It's an emergency." I said getting angry with her. "Uh, fine. Let me get up." I heard her shuffling around and then I heard her come back. "Okay, shoot. What's up? How's Baltimore? Cute guys?" She said. "It's fine, and that's where the emergency comes in…" I said trailing off. "How is a cute guy an emergency?" she said. "He's my brother's best friend." I said whispering. "Jack's?! You mean one of his creepy band members?! I mean, Jack's pretty cute but the rest of the guys.." She said. "Hey shut up! They're nice." I said mad. "Oh, someone's defensive. Anyways, my mom said that she'll let me come to Baltimore with you this summer!" She said happily. "What?! That's awesome! When do you come?" I asked her. "Next week!" She said giggling from the other line. "Hey Mrs. Barakat." I heard Alex's voice. "Jen, I need to go." I said quickly. "Wait-" she started, "I gotta go! Bye, love you." I said as I hung up the phone. A few minutes later I got a text from her asking what the rush was. I texted her back saying, "Jack's best friend Alex is here. The guy I like." After I sent the text Jack and Alex came outside. "Hey Alex." I said waving at him politely. "Hey." he said not looking at me. "You coming swimming sis?" Jack asked. "Uh, not yet. Maybe later." I said smiling. "Okay then." With that Alex and Jack jumped into the pool. "Put on some music Alice!" screamed Jack from the pool. "Where's your iPod?" I asked Jack. "It's in my room and it's plugged into the dock. It's there when you walk in, you can't miss it." I got up and walked up to his room. I opened the door and the place was a mess. I didn't wanna go in, so I just grabbed the docking station, closed the door and ran back downstairs. "Thanks little sis." Jack said ruffling my hair. I pouted and fixed my hair. Alex laughed a little at me. "You laughing at me Gaskarth?" I asked him. He looked at me and I saw this little twinkle in his eye. Maybe it was just the sun. "Maybe I am." he said to me. "What you gonna do about it?" he asked laughing. "Oh, I'll show you what I'm gonna do about it." I said. Before I could push him into the pool, he picked me up bridal style and threw us both in the pool. I screamed and got a bunch of water in my mouth. I came back up to find Alex there, grinning at me. "You're an ass." I said while splashing him with water. "No, I just like having fun." He said winking at me. I jumped up on his back and shoved him under the water. "Hey! No fair!" He said throwing me off his back. Me and Alex looked into each others eyes and suddenly we were inches apart. "You have pretty eyes." he said. "They're brown." I said smiling a little leaning in towards him. "Hey, who wants drinks?" screamed Jack from inside. Me and Alex jumped away from each other and we both screamed ice tea. We both just looked at each other and then smiled awkwardly. Well, that was a close one.