Chapter 23 - Somewhere In Neverland

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 23 - Somewhere In Neverland

Me and Alex were finally home from our worldwide adventure, looking for his daughter, Christina. It was Halloween today, and Jack had invited me and Alex to his party. "What should we dress up as tonight?" He asked me. "I don't know, do you really wanna do those cheesy couple costumes?" He asked me. "Yes, yes I do." He said leaning over the couch to kiss me on the cheek. I scrunched up my nose as he did the same, and then we both burst out into laughter. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." I said smiling. "How about Alice in Wonderland? Get it? Cause your name is Alice?" He said nudging me as he said it. "Listen up, Gaskarth. My dad used to dress me up as Alice In Wonderland EVERY SINGLE YEAR for Halloween, so no." I said. He looked at me, then started laughing. "I got it!" He told me. "What is it?" I said, but he just smirked. 

"I can't believe you're making me dress up like this." I grumbled. "I look more like a fool then you, babe." He said. Alex's idea was Peter Pan. He was wearing green tights, pointy green shoes and a long green shirt. I giggled at him and leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. Alex took my hand in his and dragged us into Jack's apartment. The song One More Night by Maroon 5 was playing throughout the house. "This is my jam!" I heard Alex say from beside me. I looked at him like he was crazy when he went up behind Jack and started dancing wildly. "Freaks." I muttered under my breath. "I know, right?" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see Jenny standing there. "Jen!" I scream running into her arms. "I missed you too, Alice." She said while laughing. We talked for awhile and I found out that her and Jack were dating and she even lives with him! It's kind of weird because she's my best friend and Jack is my brother, but it's also cute because that means we'll be sister-in-laws. "Want a drink?" she asked me. "Oh, no thanks." I said. "You're not drinking tonight? What are you supposed to be watching Alex?" She said jokingly. Should I tell her? She is my best friend… "I'm just not drinking." I said looking down at my non existent baby bump. I looked back up at her, and she had a very confused look on her face, but then it soon clicked. She looked from my face, to my stomach and then back to my face. She repeated this a few times, until she squealed. "Oh my god!!!" She screamed. "Shut up! I just found out! You and Alex are like the only people that know." I said giggling. "If it's a girl, you're naming her after me!" She screamed. "Sure, I'll name her Rebeca, like you're real name." I said poking her. "You wouldn't dare!" She gasped at me and faked hurt. Suddenly the song You Need Me, I Don't Need You by Ed Sheeran came on. "This is my favourite song! Let's dance." I told her while dragging her to where everyone else was dancing. Me and Jen were dancing, and then we spotted Alex and Jack dancing together too. We laughed at them until they finally noticed us. "Hello, ladies." Jack said to us. "Hi Jacky." I said giving him a hug. "So, baby Barakat slash Gaskarth, huh?" Jack asked me. My eyes widened. "Alex told me." Jack explained. I sighed in relief, and then continued dancing with Jen. "Why are you dancing with my girlfriend?" Jack asked me. "She was my best friend first!" I said to him. He rolled his eyes. The song was still playing and I was dancing like no one was watching. I didn't care, Ed is my favourite. "I love the Ginger Jesus so much." I said while swaying my hips to the music. Alex looked at me funnily, and then he took my hands in his and kissed me passionately. "Our child will grow up listening to Ed Sheeran then." He whispered against my lips which sent shivers down my spine. I nodded wearily, unable to form words. Alex grabbed my hips and continued dancing with me until the song was over. "Wanna head out back to Neverland, Wendy?" Alex whispered in my ear. "I am pretty tired, Peter." I said back. He took my hand as we waved goodbye to Jack and Jenny, and then made our way back to our car and drove back home. 

I was standing in front of the mirror in me and Alex's bathroom that leads into our bedroom in a black tank top and black underwear. I slowly lifted up my shirt and placed my hand on my stomach. I sighed in content. I walked out of the bathroom and climbed into bed beside Alex where he was flipping through TV channels on the flat screen that hung on the wall at the edge of our bed. "So, I was thinking…" He started. "Oh no, that's never good." I joked. "Haha, very funny." He said in a monotone voice. "Okay, so go on…" I said. "We'll need a bigger house when the baby is born…" He said. I sighed. I hadn't thought about that. This apartment only had one bedroom. "I know…" I said. "I love this apartment to death, but we're going to have to buy an actual house." he said. "I know." I said. "So, I was thinking… There's these awesome beach houses, and they're like bright colours, and they're huge and it's in a good area, and there's good schools all around, and parks and it's downtown, and I know how much you love downtown and I think you'd like the houses." He rambled on. "Sure, we'll go check them out next week." I said kissing him on the cheek. "Yes!" He said triumphantly. I lay down beside Alex as he continued watching football. "DEGRASSI IS ON TONIGHT OH MY GOSH I FORGOT!" I screamed jolting awake from the bed. "Give me the controller!" I screamed, launching for the remote. "Woah there… I didn't know you were obsessed with Degrassi." Alex said in between laughter. "Shut up, it's my guilty pleasure. So is The Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars." I hushed him as it started, and he sat there with the funniest expression on his face the entire time. "This Zig guy is such an asshole." Alex said. "I know right!" I screamed. Whenever Zig popped up on the screen, Alex would throw his pillow at them. "Eli is so hot, oh my god." I giggled like a teenage fangirl. Alex burst out into laughter. "You… Have… A… Crush… On…. EMO BOY!" Alex said in between laughter. I slapped him over the back of the bed, as he was gasping for air. After the show was over, we snuggled up into bed together. "I'd never admit this to anyone else, but I actually really enjoyed Degrassi." He said. "It's the best show ever, I know." I said kissing him one last time before we both drifted off to sleep.