Chapter 10 - Walls

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 10 - Walls

Alex looked at me in shock. "D-Do you really love me back?" He asked. "Yes. Why would you think I didn't?" I asked him. "Because… Well, my brother…" He started but I cut him off. "I know what happened. Jack told me." I said sighing. He looked at me and his eyes started watering. "Alice, I suffer from anxiety. Like, it gets so bad sometimes I need to stop a song and leave the stage." He said to me. I just looked at him, and then hugged him tightly. "So, what has this got to do with you thinking no one will love you?" I asked. "Well, you know about my ex, Sunday? Well, she didn't believe in love, hence the song Remembering Sunday. Anyways, after she died… I said I would never love anyone ever again. Too many people died in my life, so I kind of just gave up on love. I thought no one will ever love me. But… Then you came along, and I felt butterflies. It's been a really long time since I've felt butterflies, Alice. You changed everything. That's why I didn't want to be with you. Because I was scared I would lose you too." Alex said, now tears pouring out of his eyes. "Hey…" I said, grabbing his face in my hands so he could look at me. "I'm not going anywhere, okay?" I told him. He looked at me, his eyes sad and said, "Promise?" I stuck my hand out and place it on his chest, above his heart and whispered, "Promise." And then I kissed him. 

It started raining after me and Alex went back into the house after our moment. I don't know where we stand now. Are we dating? We didn't really talk about that. We just walked into the house smiling like lunatics, hand in hand. When Jack saw us he just smirked. "I'm gonna go play some video games in Jack's room, okay?" Alex told me. I nodded and then he kissed me on the cheek. He started walking over to Jack's room, but not before he whispered a "love you" in my ear. When I got to me and Alex's room, I noticed someone else's luggage was here. I looked around, and then behind the door jumped out Jenny. "Surprise!" she screamed. I jumped and screamed. "You scared the hell out of me you loser!" I said as I laughed. Jenny hugged me tightly and then she looked me over. "What happened?" She asked me. "What do you mean?" I asked him. "Who did you kiss?" She asked. My face turned red. "No one! Why would you think that?!" I asked him. "You're glowing." She said winking. I smiled nervously and then said, "So, where are you staying?" She brought her giant luggage up onto Alex's bed and she said, "Right here." I was confused. "That's Alex's bed." I said to her. "I know. He's moving into Jack's room so I can stay here." She said. I was kind of disappointed. I always wanted to cuddle with a guy every night. I mean, I still could… I would just have to sneak out of my room, into Alex and Jack's and curl up beside Alex. Boom. Done. Or he could always come to my room, but then again Jenny would wake us up by taking pictures, screaming cute things at us or pouring water on our faces so that was out of the question. As Jenny began unpacking her things, I sat down on Alex's- Her, bed. "So, I have awesome news!" I told her. "Jack's in love with me and he wants to get married?!" She said loudly enough for him to hear from his room. "What? No! I'm dating Alex!" I whispered the last part. "Oh… And that's amazing!" She said hugging me. Jenny's real name was Rebeca. But she preferred to be called Jenny. "So… Are you and Alex like, official?" She asked me. I looked at her suspiciously. "What do you mean by 'official'?" I asked her. "I mean, does the media know? You have to remember, Alex is a rockstar." She said to me. I never thought about that! The news would get out everywhere that I was dating Alex Gaskarth, and then I'd be the centre of everything. That's not really my thing. "Girls, we're going to play a show on the pier! Wanna come?" Jack asked from outside my door. "Yes!" Jenny screamed right away. I laughed at her, and then we both left the room, me trailing behind Alex and Jenny trailing behind Jack. 

When we got to the pier, the boys were all setting up. There was a large crowd, and everyone was chanting All Time Low. Finally, they came out. They opened up with Lost In Stereo, and then moved onto Stella. Suddenly, Alex was talking. "Hey guys, I wanna dedicate this next song to my beautiful and amazing girlfriend Alice. This next song is called Walls." With that Alex began playing Walls, and Jenny was screaming very loudly. After the whole concert was over, the guys said they had important news to tell us. "Okay, so as you know, we're going on tour. But, we're leaving tomorrow morning." Jack said. I gasped, and Jenny squeaked. "BUT, BUT, I WASN'T DONE YET!" Jack screamed and we all laughed. "We wanted you girls to come with us!" Rian said happily. I was in shock. Alex looked at me and smiled, and I couldn't resist. "YES!" I screamed happily jumping into Alex's arms. Jenny stood there awkwardly, wanting a hug from Jack. Then, Jack stretched out his arms to Jenny, reaching for a hug. Jenny gladly took it and she snuggled her face into his chest. I made a grossed out face and Jack gave me a weird chipmunk face before snuggling into her neck. 

That night, the boys all went to their bunks except Alex. "What are you doing?" I asked him. He smirked. "Okay, so on the tour bus, there's this one giant room, and I called it this year first, so we get the big room!" Alex said happily. I giggled and then he pulled me into a hug. "Come on, princess. Let's go to sleep." With that, Alex took my hand and led us to the "master bedroom". I went into my luggage and pulled out a white tank top and a pair of underwear. "Uh, Alex?" I called to him from the bathroom. "Yeah?" He said. "I sleep in my underwear. Is that okay?" I told him. I smiled, and said, "I sleep in my boxers too. Don't worry." I smiled and got changed into my white tank top and underwear, and then went out into the bedroom. Alex was laying on the bed watching cartoons in red boxers and an A.W.G sweatshirt. "Oh, I love that sweatshirt!" I said to him. He laughed and said, "Well, no that you're dating me you get all the things you want from there." He patted the bed and I curled up next to him. We fell asleep watching Family Guy, my cuddled into his chest and him with arms rapped around me. I fell asleep to his light snores, and his heartbeat.