Chapter 6 - The Beach

I Am Still Painting Flowers For You. (Alex Gaskarth)

Chapter 6 - The Beach

Then next morning I woke up still asleep in Alex's lap until my parents barged in screaming, "EVERYONE GET UP WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH HOUSE TODAY!" I jumped out of Alex's lap and Jack stirred only a little. Alex slowly opened his eyes. "Alice, sweetie, Jenny can't make it. I'm sorry." my dad said to me. I was sad, but I kind of didn't want her to come anyways. I just wanted to be with Alex. Did I love him? Yep. I definitely did. Alex smiled at me and I smiled back. I went upstairs and changed because I was still in the clothes I was wearing last night. I changed into a pair of grey booty shorts that were the material of sweat pants from Abercrombie & Fitch and a plain white spaghetti strap shirt. I wore my light brown moccasins and grabbed my bag that was outside my room. "Alice, I need to talk to you." Jack said to me. I walked over to him. "What's up?" I asked. "Can you go in Alex's car? Mom and dad want me to go in their car so you'll need to go with Alex." Jack said. I nodded my head slowly, but inside I was freaking out like a little girl who just got Justin Bieber tickets. "Cool?" Jack asked. "Cool." I said to him. When we walked outside I saw Alex putting my bag into the back of his car. "You ready?" he asked me. "Yeah." I said getting into the passenger seat of his car. "Okay, you know how to get there Alex. See you guys there in a few hours." My mom said getting into my dad's car. Jack waved at me and Alex and then got into the back. They drove off and me and Alex soon took off after. 

"Wanna put on some music?" Alex asked me, finally breaking the silence. "Uh, sure." I said pulling out my iPod. "Just plug it in." he said keeping his eyes on the road. I plugged in my iPod and picked my favourite song. When it started playing, Alex just smiled at me. "She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5? Really?" he asked me. "Hey, it's my favourite song. Shut up." I said smiling at him. When the chorus came on, he started singing at the top of his lungs. I started laughing uncontrollably. "Come on, sing with me!" he said. We both snag She Will Be Loved at the top of our lungs until the song was over. "Now what song shall we scream to?" he asked me. I gave him a devilish grin and put on Drops Of jupiter by Train. "THIS IS MY JAM!" he screamed and then began singing at the top of his lungs once again. We both snag and sang until he decided to stop for a bathroom break. After that was done, we went back in the car and sang the rest of ride there. 

When we finally arrived at the beach house, I was surprised to find that my parents and Jack hadn't arrived yet.  "Do you have the key?" Alex asked me. "Yep, right here." I said walking up to the door and unlocking it. When I went inside, my breath was taken away. The house was beautiful. "Haven't been here in awhile." Alex said putting his arm around me. My whole body tensed up. I guess he sensed it because he removed his arm. "Sorry." he said. "No, it's fine. Just wasn't expecting it." I said reassuringly. "Uh, you know we're sharing a room, right?" Alex asked me. "What?!" I said. "Yeah… He wanted his own room this year… So we're sharing." he said nervously. Well, this is amazing. 

That night I couldn't sleep. At around 2 a.m, I got up and went to the beach. I didn't go far, considering the beach was literally right there. The house was on the beach. I walked out onto the beach with my short pink nightgown on. "Beautiful, isn't it?" someone said from behind. I turned around to see Alex standing there. "What are you doing here Alex?" I asked him. "I heard you get up. I was worried so I followed you out here." he said looking down. "Alex, why do you keep acting as if you like me more than a friend?!" I asked him. "I only want to be friends, Alice. We can be nothing more. I made a promise." He said to me. "Then stop acting as if you like me more than a friend! Treat me like a friend, not a girl that you like!" I screamed to him. We just stared at each other, our eyes both flaming. Alex strode toward me. I stood my ground, not wanting to move even though I was scared out of my mind. I thought maybe he was going to hit me. The last thing I expected him to do is grab my face roughly in his hands and kiss me fiercely. I kissed him back roughly and tangled my hands in his hair. His hands trailed down my sides and rested on my hips. My hands went to his face. We slowly both pulled away from each other. We looked into each others eyes. His finger traced over my lips and I shivered. He took off his sweater and put it over my shoulders. Alex suddenly pulled me close to him. I snuggled into his chest. Alex picked me up bridal style and carried me back to our room. He laid me down, and the rest of the night I had sweet dreams of me and Alex.